Swapping paroxatine to sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I was on paroxatine for 17yrs till the doctor decided to change me to sertraline. I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with little improvement. So I don’t know wether I’m still withdrawing from the paroxatine or wether the sertraline just arnt working for me. I feel really anxious and feeling like I’ve lost myself and don’t recognise the person I am anymore. As any1 got any suggestions or reassurance for me please 🌹

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aw bless ur not alone here. Why did u swap from paraxitine? U should feel something by now it starts with maybe half n hr u feel ok then longer n longer until u dont think abt depression or anxiety at all. They say 6/8 wks to fully kick in sometimes longer but u should feel some improvement by now 
    • Posted

Hi Weenett thanks for your reply. The doctor adviced me to swap because I ad been on them for so long. He thought Ide feel the benefit by changing. But with the way I’m feeling . Ide wished Ide never swapped.do you think these sertraline will still work for me. And shall I give them a bit longer. Any advice 🌹

• Posted

Hiya Debra I'm giving up on the sertraline I'm gonna start tapering tomorrow to start venlafaxine in a few weeks, been on them for over 3 months and still don't feel like myself, I don't know who I am anymore it's scary! Hope the sertraline works for you soon x

• Posted

Hi Pamela do u think 6wks is still quite early for me to be on sertraline? Wot do you think? Is there still time for them to start working for me? And wot dose did u go up to b4 u knew they weren’t working for u🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra I'm on 200mg started sertraline in October, and I really don't know what to do! I've read posts on here saying they can take up to 12 weeks to work, I know starting a new dose you start from the beginning again. I feel so miserable and confused about what to do, I went back down to 150mg today because I would really like to try a new drug and I'm feeling more anxious then usual. I feel brain dead, detatched, weird and like a stranger to myself. I really don't know weather to stick to sertraline for longer too!

• Posted

Found this quote.....'Be strong now, it will get better. It might be stormy now but it can't rain forever.' ?

• Posted

Hi Pamela the way you describe how ure feeling is excatly how I’ve been feeling for wks. Like I don’t know who I am anymore. Even looking in the mirror or looking at photos I just don’t feel like that person anymore. I just don’t know what to do? I don’t know wether to stick to the sertraline or go back to my old tablets. Any advice or reassurance please 🌹

• Posted

I'd give it a couple of more weeks, you've got this far things could change soon, I'm gonna give it a few more weeks, I can't give up yet. It's scary isn't it feeling like this, I keep looking at photos of me from around the house and I don't know who that person is anymore! We will return, we have to hang in there Debra! You can pm anytime you like since we are going through the same $hit xx

• Posted

Aww thank you so much Pamela. Yes it is really scary. It’s like we’ve lost ourselves but hopefully we will get there soon. I still have to take sleeping tablets otherwise I wudnt beable to sleep. As my mind just does overtime and that makes me panick even more. I just hope these tablets hurry up and kick in properly. All the best 🌹Debra 

• Posted

I take mirtazapine for my sleep, my head is always chattering away non stop, doesn't help being on my own all day while hubby is at work and my son at school.

• Posted

Hi Pamela do you feel strange around your partner and son aswell. Cus I do , that’s why I feel so scared all the time. The doctor told me it’s all to do with my depression and anxiety 🌹

• Posted

I use to, I'm not so bad now, just before I was starting sertraline and first week or so I felt like I didn't recognise them but I knew who they where if that makes sense. Do you feel like you are in a horrible dream all day? I panicked at every thought I had when I changed over meds, sertraline stopped the panic attacks, I never use to suffer from them, I was in a constant state of panic all day. It's so weird, I tell myself how weird this is that it's silly, everything looks so flat and lifeless, my brain feels fried, it must get better Debra because this is like living in hell!

• Posted

Woz u on any different antidepressants b4 u started on the sertraline? I woz for 17yrs so I don’t know wether it’s cus of the change over or wot 🌹

• Posted

Yeah citalopram for 7 years it stopped working then I was getting panic attacks and severe anxiety last September I haven't felt the same since!

• Posted

Same as me I wished to god I ad never swapped my tablets. I think I’m going to stick with these for now tho. But if I don’t feel any better then im deffo going bk on paroxatine 🌹

• Posted

I'm from Middlesbrough. Yeah give the sertraline more time, I keep reading sertraline success stories lol! I hope this medication works for us Debra. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.