Swapping paroxatine to sertraline

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I was on paroxatine for 17yrs till the doctor decided to change me to sertraline. I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with little improvement. So I don’t know wether I’m still withdrawing from the paroxatine or wether the sertraline just arnt working for me. I feel really anxious and feeling like I’ve lost myself and don’t recognise the person I am anymore. As any1 got any suggestions or reassurance for me please 🌹

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I wanted to give you both my success story because when I was in the first 8 weeks on Sertraline it’s all I wanted to read to give me hope. I was taking Citalopram for 15 years for anxiety and while it always worked well for me it basically stopped working this past summer. I was really struggling and finally went to my GP who decided I should switch to Citalopram. She put me immediately on 100mg of Sertraline. Looking back I should have been given a slowly increasing dose while withdrawing from Citalopram. Those first 8 weeks were pure hell. I felt no relief, I was depressed and super anxious, had terrible insomnia and nausea. My anxiety actually worsened. I kept going because everywhere I looked people said it took at least 8 weeks at the same dose to feel the positive effect. I can attest it’s true! Toward the end of week 8/ beginning of week 9 I turned a corner. I woke up not dreading the day ahead. I gained my confidence back. I started driving again! I started smiling again. My husband noticed the change in me that week too. He was beyond relieved to have his wife back. It does get better. When you get there you will look back and see how strong you were to go through the hell that is starting Sertraline. All my best to you both.
    • Posted

Aww thank you so much heather this really gives me hope and reassurance. I can’t wait till this happens to me. I just want my life back and feel happy and normal again🌹r u still on 100mgs or av u gone up to 150mgs??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.