sweating on venlafaxine

Posted , 33 users are following.

Does anyone seem to sweat more on venlafaxine. I know it is a side effect but how common is it

2 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, it's terrible in this hot weather! Seemed to be worse when I first started taking it. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying the night sweating stopped but any exercise and I am effected badly and that was before all this hot weather started
  • Posted

Yes Mike I have just had my dose increased to 150 mg and I wake up drenched every morning.  I don't remember having that problem when I was on 75 mg and I was on that for 10 years.  Of course this very hot weather isn't helping.

Pat

• Posted

I am on 150mg and the night sweating was the worst experience but that has gone thankfully but I have sweating more all day even before all this hot weather
    • Posted

Thanks it would be really good if the day sweating went
    • Posted

I wake up drenched every morning too. Has it gotten any better for you? I'm thinking of getting off of it bc the night sweats are so bad.

• Posted

Hi Mike12345,

I'm trying to come off venlafaxine and find I sweat all the time although I must say that after 2 weeks it is decreasing. Good luck, DaveTTT

• Posted

Hi again Dave, the sweats will go away once you are completely off the Ven, but give it a few weeks. It takes a long time to totally be free of all symptoms created by it. 
    • Posted

Thanks hiphi, I do feel things are slowly getting better,fingers crossed.

Take care

DaveTTT

• Posted

May the force be with you, Dave!
    • Posted

I literally had to stay home, I sweat so badly.....since I'm off it entirely, 

its amazing how I am now experience the cold like others. ....beautiful.

of course I was depressed, after being in hospital for 3 months after the accidents....however my doctor kept insisting i continue taking it. I'm honestly...thinking that these doctors have no clue the effects these drugs have on us as patients, and most do not care. 

My new Doctor truly does care about his patients....and any Doc whose in favour of less med's is the doctor for me.

• Edited

never come off it to quick - my consultant took me off of them within a week - I was all oveer the place my husband had to have time off work to take me to the local GP -she was amaized the way in how I was - I was told after a few  days that I looked like I was drunk - its a feeling I always feel when I have to change meds -never come of of meds too quickly.
    • Posted

Christine, I weaned off over a few months, but the moment I took the plunge to stopping totally, even though I was down to 1/10 of a 75mg, I still reacted the same as you. I could only imagine how horrible it would have been if I quit cold turkey!!! xo
    • Posted

I've honestly been fortunate with coming off so many drugs....ven is final one and knock wood doing great !! I'm happy all the time !! My feelings are no longer numb....that fog is gone !

I gave two up over two months and the final one two weeks ago !!

i was on three 75 mgs. Since late nineties....

what kind of withdrawal are you folks having?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.