sweating on venlafaxine

Posted , 33 users are following.

Does anyone seem to sweat more on venlafaxine. I know it is a side effect but how common is it

2 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Funny you bring this up. In the beginning when it first came out and I was on it the sweat poured on me. And back on it now recently it doesn't cause that.
  • Posted

Hi Mike,

It's a very common persistant side effect of Ven. Waking up in the morning soaking with sweat and I find after even after the slightest exercise I sweat a lot more than usual.

Good luck.

DaveTTTconfused

• Posted

Hi mike I think reading others comments it's common. I didn't realise it was related till I read others side effects. I used to sweat buckets randomly at night with soaking pillows. It didn't do it all the time during the day. Sometimes it made me sweat when on low levels  but not when on high levels. With ven  it just seems to effect the individual in different ways at different stages. Sorry can't give you any definites.
  • Posted

So glad to see others saying this smile Been on it 3 years on 225, and the sweat is unbelievable. It is embarrassing as I'm overweight too people put it down to that I'm sure. Waking up drenched most nights, pouring off my forehead and tgst was before it got hot!!! I went to the dr about it, and they tested me to see if I was going through the change- at 30!!!!! Think it's time I tried to come off now. To be fair, it was the only one that worked after trying many, I can't fault it for that, but after reading all these comments all these things that are happening to me seem to be because of it, and upset me. Catch 22
  • Posted

Glad it's not just me! Even the slightest exercise starts it, but the sweat only really starts pouring when I stop (not even out of breath), then for 10-15 minutes it just pours off me! I get fed up of people asking if I am okay. I also get slight muscular "jerks", and the dreaded falling sensation - which is bizarre when it happens when you're lying down. Oh, and I find it extremely hard to ejaculate.

Tried to quit but the withdrawal symptons were horrendous - dizziness, light-headedness, brain-zaps, tinnitus. Back on after four days of that!

• Posted

I read that not being able to orgasm is another nasty side effect....

and I will say I'm dizzy being totally off them right now...hopefully that will setttle soon.....I feel so strongly that these drugs are  so toxic 

I could actually go "on the road" to enlighten folks about them...not really but just saying....I think you all understand what I mean. 

I'm new....my name is Pam and I'm loving life without ven....they should rename it Venom  lol

• Posted

Hi Mike.  My son was taking Ven about 6 months ago for anxiety but stopped for a few months. As well as constant forehead sweating he became "not a nice person". Was quite rude and offensive to people.  Just last Friday he started taking them again on double the dose ie 75mg (prescribed by doctor) but the nastiness has appeared again.  Have you experienced this at all?  He also sounds very drunk just after he has taken it.  Any advice?

• Posted

Hi carol when I first started the ven I felt wiped out but once the kicked in it soon settled suppose every one different ahear different reviews, took good 3 months to get balanced.. 

Merry Christmas xx

• Posted

Thank you. 1979. Another sleepless night worrying about him. Merry Xmas to you too smile x
    • Posted

I have the forehead sweating and have considerably more sweating all over. I get worse when walking fast or in hot rooms. I have not been too bad with the losing my temper as three years ago when I took them before. I would go into a rage and after the rage not believe what I had said. I think that now I am more aware of the anger so can control it. It is a strong drug that I will soon be coming off but fear it because after missing a dose I get dizzy spells.
    • Posted

Hi Mike. You're exactly right. He said some unpleasant things about our family, none of which are true. But the next day he doesn't remember much and feels awful about what he said.  

Thank you for replying smile 

• Posted

I sweat so profusely.....I could wear nothing that wasn't paper thin....I had. No social life, as most often people would ask me if I'm ok.....and offer me a tissue etc....gawd....awful.

and insomnia and muscle jerks so bad...I felt like I was going crazy ...isn't that funny.....a drug to compensate for depression making one lose their mind.....I am sooooo thankful....I found a doctor to support my going off venom. I knew I could do it......I feel reborn I was so sick on it.

• Posted

Yes every night i sweat it is an absolute nightmare as my wife has to sleep in another bed. My dose is 225mg.
  • Posted

Hey mike12345,

Yeah, just started 1 month ago and having sweats at night (I'm on 150). But it seems to be reducing day by day. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.