sweating on venlafaxine

Posted , 33 users are following.

Does anyone seem to sweat more on venlafaxine. I know it is a side effect but how common is it

2 likes, 83 replies

83 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am on 225MG of this, have been for several years.  My sweating is debilitating. I am always WET, day AND night sad  I am absolutely miserable, and I honestly believe the medicine isn't even working anymore.  I HATE THIS and it is extremely difficult to get off of.  My hubby only takes 75MG and has never been able to get off of it.  I was switched to another medicine for a couple of months (Wellbutrin) and it didn't work.  I'm searching for something better.

• Posted

I was put on after a horrific accident in 96... hospitalized for 3 months. Years after recovery

I asked constantly for my docs blessing to go off Ven. Emphatically I was told noooooo oh nooo you can't stop that drug....

Fast forward 8 months ago.... I weined myself off the max dose....gradually.

In the first month completely off, I am dropping weight like never before,the best part I have no dibilitating sweats and no anxiety or fog!!!

I'm socially back where I once was

Yipeeeee !!! Amen to that!!!

• Posted

Well done Pam. Big respect for your guts
    • Posted

Ty WazzaG though honestly it was toss it or go on suffering in silence in my home....awful drug for me... now let me say...the first week after I was 

clean of this venom.....I have rage  anger, like I've never experienced....

I was also extrememly dizzy.....anxiety to max...

once I detoxed I'm feeling so much better.....such a relief to stop the horrible sweats !  I realize its saved some lives at the same time....if others feel they are over the reason they were put on it to begin with...I say try try if you can to get off this drug.... hugs WazzaG

• Posted

Pretty common and bloody annoying for me. Here in Australia it's warm most of the time. I take 450 mgs so sweat is a given.

It does wear on you after awhile.

• Posted

God I’m so glad it’s  not just me. I go for a casual walk & it’s like I’ve just had a shower, not to mention the embarrassment.

i was on 3, my doctor wanted to increase to 6x 75mg daily. I said no! I’ve now gone down to 2 a day & cant wait until I’m on none.

so over this.

• Posted

I've just realised that the constant sweating and heat intolerance I've had for a number of years now is due to venlafaxine. I've blamed menopause and reluctantly started HRT. When I went to a doctor, he stared at me and said "what do you expect me to do about it?"

Another doctor gave me clonadine or something like that which did nothing but no-one mentioned that it was being caused by my meds!

it's been going on for around 8 years now and I finally have an answer - I'm off to make an appointment to stop the ven as I just can't cope with it anymore...especially during this heatwave.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.