swelling or prolapse 4weeks PO

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all 

Wondering if anyone can help, I’m having a bit of a rubbish time so positivity is not on my side sad 

I am 4 weeks post A&P repairs, peranium repair and laparoscopic removal of Granulation tissue following hysterectomy in September 17 

The hysterectomy was done by mistake I should have had repairs done hence surgery so close together 

My question is I still see a a bulge where my cystocele was, it’s smaller but my vaginal opening still looks full of tissues, if I walk around for too long feel heavy as I did prior too surgery 

Have I reprolapsed already or is this swelling? The thought of more surgery makes me feel sick 😔 xx

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Chloe,

I’m so grateful for you having posted this question as I’ve been having the exact same issue!!  I’m 7 week’s post A&P repair and perineum repair.  I have a bulge where the rectocele was.  The most frustrating part is that I had a stage 1 rectocele and it looks more like a stage 2 or 3 bulge (right at the entrance of my vagina)...sorry if that’s too much info!!  I also have other lumps and bumps I can see at the entrance of my vagina.  I went back to work (office job) at 4 weeks and I really hope I didn’t go back too soon!!  I started physical therapy last week, but I only see my doctor in another 4 weeks so I’m feeling a lot of anxiety.  I just hope this is all part of the process.  

• Posted

Hi 

I’m so sorry to hear of your concerns it seems too be a very similar sort across the board for us ladies 

Although I still have a bulge it is smaller than before but I just can figure out if swelling

4 weeks for you too wait is a long time can you not call too see if you can get in any sooner xx

• Posted

You can rest assured that yours sounds all very normal at your stage. There will still be swelling. Probably all the stitches haven't broken away yet too. You don't want to worry about what it's going to look like till at least 3mths. That's probably why your post-op isn't until around then. From personal experience and being on here frequently for 2 1/2yrs now, you won't really know fully what it's going to be like down there till a year after op. 8wks is ideal off work but probably you're fine to have gone back when you did. Maybe just means swelling may take longer to go down. Rest easy, I think you are doing fine. Fingers crossed. It's a long slow process and it all just takes time. 

• Posted

Thank you for the positive feedback Robyn!  I just have to be patient, but it’s so hard sometimes.  It gives me some relief to hear about others’ recovery stories.
    • Posted

Hi, Restless305, Just FYI,  I too have the bulging and was concerned because my rectocele was not even visible and now I have this bulge. However, I saw my surgeon yesterday for my 4 week follow up check up and as someone else posted, bulge is just related to the stitches. Doctor also said that there is still a lot of swelling. I was so relieved because I had a two day bout with constipation and was a very hard "move" if you get my drift. However, doctor said that everything was healing right on target and the stitches were very strong so no damage was done.  My doctor  also said to continue to take it easy with lift restrictions in place for  another 4 weeks. She said that until minimum of 2 months post op, I would still feel somewhat tired and to rest and take care of myself.  I think I knew I was going to have the surgery done no matter the recovery, so I did not really ask or pay attention so much about the recovery. Hope this helps and pray you are relieved of your anxiety somewhat. Take care of yourself!   brebda69492

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.