Swimming pool??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies im going on holidays tomorrow , are swimming pools a no no ? How about using vasoline as a barrier ? Does it work to keep the chlorine away ? At the moment I just have inflamation and feel a bit burning , am using the ointment once a day but just when I feel it's easing a bit it seems to be a little worse the next day for no reason , I'm gone mad wondering am I using the cream too much or too little ? How long should it take for the inflamed feeling to totally pass , I'm so tormented wondering if I'm using the ointment too long as I don't want the skin to thin out and feel worse , sorry for all the questions I'm tormented and in bad form 😪

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have VLP and my doctor says no chlorinated pools.  We have a pool and had to have it changed from a chlorine pool to a salt water pool so I could enjoy it.  I can't get in any chlorinated pools.  My flare ups mainly occur when there is stress but when they do, it's with a vengence and fast.  I use both Cobetasol ointment and gel daily.  Along with a steroid suppository every other night.
  • Posted

Having VL must be awful, I feel bad enough with Hypertrophic L.P. It is painfull irritating and distracting. No more skirts or shorts to wear, as the LP has ruined my legs with Large painful areas of big brown and raised areas, spots, and ankles swelling (Odema). But I have found that clorinated pools and very salty sea, are good for this type of LP.I have just found out that itching can be controlled by boiling up the leaves from Alchemilla Mollis or the leaves from the Sweet Chestnut tree, making a tea, and then using the liquid to put onto the spots.I have used the first one,  for a three days now, and the itching is less. Could you try bathing yourself in it? Perhaps safer than Steroid cream. Good luck, isn't it a terrable disease?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.