Switching from Sertraline, Interested in Success stories please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi!

Ive been struggling bad since last August. Wasted 9 weeks on Lexapro, nearly killed me, it was living hell, switched to Sertraline but not much better. Ive been on it for 22 weeks, pure suffering, still feeling sick and anxious, still brain fog, headaches, derealisation, and the list goes on.. I would be interested in success stories if someone here switched to Venlafaxin from Sertraline, Zoloft and had success. How did the transition go, how bad/severes side effects you had etc.

TIA

Kind Regards,

B

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Edited

my dr wants to switch me from citalopram to this too but I dont know if I want too ass I'm too scared, I get intrusive suicidal thoughts and have a family to take care of aswell as a job which I've been unable to do for 3 - 4 months 😭

• Posted

Ive been off work since August, I feel so guilty, and worthless. As a man its unbearable. I am desperate to get back on my feet asap, tried everything, but nothing helps. No idea what to do.

• Posted

Have you spoken to your doc? Will you switch or just stay on citalopram?****

• Posted

just spoke to my gp and seems I'll be swapping to lexapro next week after no change on 6 months of citalopram.. absaloutly terrified!

• Posted

staying on citalopram for now as told my Dr I dont want to keep switching meds and even she told me meds dont make it better they just take the edge off, depersonalisation seems to have eased off, and the afternoons evenings are better but I've decided I'm going to have to quit my job etc probably

• Posted

Thats another useless GP then. Lexapro is a brand name of Escitalopram wich is very similar to citalopram. Good thing is switching shouldn't be so bad as the meds Escitalopram and Citalopram is very similar, Escitalopram is a newer, cleaner version of Citalopram. But someone tell me if Citalopram didnt worked, why is it good to try another very similar drug? When Escitalopram didnt work for me my psychiatrist put me on Zoloft, which is in the same class, SSRI, but different drug. It does make more sense for me.. But its just my opinion, I wishI was wrong honestly and really hope Citalopram will work for you!! Dont be afraid, it wont be that bad !!

• Edited

becuase I get what's called depersonalisation with my anxiety really bad and when that's bad I cant concentrate on anything, cant even show my partner and little 2 year old girl love, I cant do anything I'm like a walking shell cant show any emotion except upset, and that alone makes me depressed and cry all the time when I'm like that, like I'm walking around in a bubble and my personality disintegrates, it's part of anxiety but most lucky people dont get it, so I cant even concentrate on my job or be in work... so after reading paul David's book and listening to claire weekes to just accept it, the only way I'm going to be able to do that without putting pressure on myself is to quit my job and go on benefits of some sort until I'm well

• Posted

I feel you I am sorry you are going through this, I know what is it like, I was there not ling ago. Ive been off work since last august and still felling awful. Medication helped somewhat with anxiety and depersonalization, derealisation, but still feeling awful, mostly sick and desoriented, have head fog etc. My sick pay period is over now so I don't know what to do. Are you in the UK please? What sort of benefit can we use?

• Posted

I feel you I am sorry you are going through this, I know what is it like, I was there not ling ago. Ive been off work since last august and still felling awful. Medication helped somewhat with anxiety and depersonalization, derealisation, but still feeling awful, mostly sick and desoriented, have head fog etc. My sick pay period is over now so I don't know what to do. Are you in the UK please? What sort of benefit can we use?

• Edited

hello there i have been on venlafaxine for many years and i thought they were not working as they used too anyway my gp put me on sertraline and 3 months later i thought i was going to die .my doctor had to house visit me as i was so weak and so unwell . she stopped the sert and put me back on 150 venlafaxine... 3 months later im now feeling so much like my old self .. i know some people do not like venlafaxine but they sure worked for me good luck best wishes michael

• Posted

hi michael this is my second time on citalopram and I feel the same way as you did when you were swapped to sertraline. just really weak and unwell.

literally some days I feel like I'm dying it's horrible.

weakness

muscle aches

palpitations

shakes

brain fog

feeling dizzy

sick

and no clear up in the anxiety and depression. its horrible. do you think it was the med that caused that rather than the anxiety and depression for you?

doc mentioned switching to venalavaxine but heard some horrible stuff about it. so really worried. thanks bud

• Edited

I've been back on it for 5 months now slowly increasing doses just cant seem to get better. it sucks.

was on 30mg for 18 weeks

they worked great the first time. 😰

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.