Switching from Sertraline, Interested in Success stories please!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi!

Ive been struggling bad since last August. Wasted 9 weeks on Lexapro, nearly killed me, it was living hell, switched to Sertraline but not much better. Ive been on it for 22 weeks, pure suffering, still feeling sick and anxious, still brain fog, headaches, derealisation, and the list goes on.. I would be interested in success stories if someone here switched to Venlafaxin from Sertraline, Zoloft and had success. How did the transition go, how bad/severes side effects you had etc.

TIA

Kind Regards,

B

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

do any of you guys suffer depersonalisation and feel disconnected and unable to concentrate on anything etc when you get bad anxiety?

• Posted

I get brain fog which is similar to depersonalisation in some ways. it's not uncommon to get DP when really really anxious. it's a defence mechanism but makes you feel worse doesn't it bless you. I know a few people who have had it. it will go when your anxiety gets better!

• Posted

it has happened everytime ive gone downhill, I also instantly loose my whole appetite and all of my concentration, when it's bad I cant even watch tele

• Edited

yeah sounds the same as me tbh. I can barely function when it happens. even simple tasks take so much effort. it's scary when it hits and then you just feel a thousand times worse.

have you decided what your next step will be.

how are you feeling today?

• Posted

Dr is calling me tomorrow but I have no idea what to do, as I dont wanna feel any worse, morning has been quite bad with anxiety this morning

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.