swollen abdomen

Posted , 5 users are following.

about 6 weeks ago i noticed the right side of my belly was sticking out .it wasnt painful and still is just a little uncomfortable. doctor just prescribed voltarol i said so its not a tumor he said no. after trawling the internet im still worried as its got slightly larger if anything.my best guess is hernia but has anyone else had something similar please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, well Trevor no I can't say that I have...but if I were you I'd look up that medication to see what it can be used to treat then talk to dr based on that...

Sorry to hear you are going through this.

• Posted

You will need to keep going back to your doctor and ask for tests to establish what you have. Googling won't give you answers; it will only cause anxiety. Have you bumped the right side of your abdomen and have you tried a food diary to see if it is gas/bloating caused by something you are eating? Have you eaten anything you wouldn't normally eat?It could be any number of things including a hernia.

• Posted

Hi trevor94728

If you are not experiencing pain i do not know why your doctor prescribed Voltarol which is a cream or can be in tablet form for pain management. I have used it for back pain. If the swelling does not go away within a week i would go back to your doctor and ask to be referred for an Ultrasound Scan to see what the swelling is. Don't just put up with it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.