Swollen ankles/feet

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi all,

I have posted about this before but we have new members so thought I would try again. My feet and ankles are swelling alarmingly within a couple of hours of getting up on a morning. I already take water tablets at the maximum dose, have had blood tests to rule out heart problems, etc. and my GP just advises putting my feet on a stool when watching TV (I don't watch TV). They do not go back down until I have been in bed all night and a couple of times this week have been unable to put my shoes on. Can anyone suggest anything that will help please?

Jacee :?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

In re. to your swollen ankles....Your message is ir message is under the

COPD bullletin board...If you do have copd, your swollen ankles and feet 

are probably caused by "Cor Pulmale". which can be pretty serious....It means in short the right ventricle of your heart cannot supply enough oxygen to your lungs....Well anyway this causes your ankles and feet to swell. See a pulmogist

soon. Keep well............Gene McD

• Posted

First seen your GP/Doc re the swelling/odema in your feet. And get your feet up above waist level minimum asap in the morning.  You my have Nephrotic syndrome, swollen ankles is a sign one of may symptoms that can hit the body.  Your best thing is to see your GP.  Best to get a diagnoses from him rather than the net.

Second: Look on Amazon for diabetic socks. They are not for the fashion conscious but they are comfy and warm and stop rubbibing caused by tight shoes/boots and swollen feet

Best wishes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.