Swollen nodes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Quick question, I am waiting for an appointment from the hospital for a ultrasound scan on my neck for swollen lymph nodes which I've had since the beginning of the year. Also suffer with tiredness and persistent low grade fever.

My question is those who've been diagnosed with lymphoma, what size where your lymph nodes. As I've got a funny feeling they won't carry a biopsy out under the scan due to them not been 'big enough' to be lymphoma.

Thank you.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Emma. I believe we've spoken before. I've had Lymphoma, finished treatment a year ago. The lymph node I found was pea size, others the doctors found were smaller. But I still had a biopsy on the one that I found, size is of no importance as to whether they do a biopsy or not. The biopsy is not carried out during the scan, the scan is just to confirm where they are and what size. My biopsy was carried out at a later date under local anaesthetic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.