Swollen painfull legs & Ankles.

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi my friends.Sorry that I have not posted for a while-too busy Drinking of course ! ! Not bothered too have shower for over two weeks.Thown out of restaurants because I'm drunk.Home in a mess etc .You all know what it's like. Every morning I say ' won't drink today-then i don't have the willpower to carry it out-the craving seems to win.I'm in bed now because my legs & ankles are so painfull i'ts difficult to walk.Anyone out there have any idea what is causing this agony(it's probably the wine because it gets blamed for everything unfortunately ! ) Love Susan X

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You need to see a doctor Susan. Are you alone at home? In fact, if I was a friend or relative if yours, I would call an ambulance. Not that A & E would do much about your alcohol problem, but they would, at least check you over medically. You may have something wrong that is not alcohol-related, but even if the alcohol has caused it, it needs checking out.

Get somebody you know on the phone and have them come and see you. You may well be even more ill than you think.

• Posted

You must be asleep now, Susan.

Blessings on you,

Alonangel 🎇

P.S. Do reply if you are awake.  I am just wondering how you are. X

It is 11:40p.m.

• Posted

Hi.Just wanted to Thankyou for the support you gave me last night.I did crawl on all my good bits of my body !  !  Not too good at the moment..Now on my precious last bottle of wine. Very stressed about that .Also very annoying son is dropping in at some point today ? ! Oh Dear will need a bottle to cope with that situation.On the funny side Do you think we are all Drama Queens on this Alcohol Topic.Love Susan X
    • Posted

I had just Posted to you, when I received Notification of your Post !

I am so glad that you managed, last night.  It is a Hell of a carry on.  I felt daft directing the crawling... but you don' t fall and hurt yourself... it can be sore on the arms and elbows, though. Oh well !

On the topic of Drama Queens... what can I say !  We create our own Dangerous Dramas... then realise that things are too far out of our control.  I have had to phone for an ambulance, in the past, because I feared for my life.  Off to A. & E. at 3 a.m.--- with empty bottle of 40% vodka.  That happened in November 2015, twice.  The third call was made by my husband...I had mixed up medication and felt heart attack type symptoms.

It is all a freaking, living nightmare.  The death wish talk is all part of it.

The panic drama is very real and terrifying. When we come out the other side of it, we feel foolish.  I do then feel glad to be alive, but so sorrowful.  I think I probably need Psychological Help.  

How old are you, Susan, if It's ok to ask ?  I am 60.

Alonangel X 🎇

• Posted

Also 60 ish But today I feel like 200 years old.Definatly passed all this grief.X
    • Posted

Oh well... we can try the "60 is the new 40" chat.

Then... "Life begins at 40" !  Result.

We will have a virtual re-start... nice and SOBER.

If only it was that simple.

Chins up.  On we go.  Demon bashing ( picture the scene).

Take care, Susan.

Alonangel X 🎇

• Posted

Hi. Where do you live ? I live in Soouth West of U K  We could meet up?Right now you are my Best Friend.Don't worry I have a Husband who does not understand the issue with my Alcohol Problem.
    • Posted

Unfortunately, I am not around the corner... I am in Scotland.

I wish I was nearby.  We need good friends who understand this problem.

This Forum is a Godsend to me.  I am so glad to know you, through it.  

I am very lonely.  

• Posted

Hello Susan,

How are you, today?  It is lunchtime... 12:15.  Please reply if you see this.  I am thinking about you and wishing you well.

Take care, my friend.  The road is so rocky.

Alonangel  X  🎇

• Posted

Hi.I did give you an update 20 minuets ago.So sorry if you didn't recieve it.All that WATER is exaparating !X
    • Posted

I don't think the Posts come through, right away. 🤔
  • Posted

Hi Susan. I'm just catching up on new posts/discussions. Hope you are feeling better than you were yesterday. It's so painful hearing your struggle, as I've been there so many times. Struggling now, but no where near as bad as in the past. Last hospital visits comatosed, 2 nights on the trot, last October. So progress. Depression is my worst problem, drunk and sober, though nowhere near as bad as my worst drunks. I have to remember this progress when I'm so miserably and remember how far I've come on the demon battle.

I have the horrendous aching legs( lucky not to have the swelling/oedema), the aching joints haunt me even when I'm sober. Though my dad ( retired doctor)did have to remind yesterday, that the mental and physical trauma I've put my body through over the years, my worst being 2 years ago when fractured pelvis, vertebrae, ribs, broke arm, could go on, well it's no wonder I have chronic fatigue and depression. Going to see my gp next week again hopefully. 

I think you should take Paul, Joanna's, RHGB and others advice as you aren't making any small steps to getting better. I fear and feel for you. There is help out there. "

You need to get back on the "sober bus" before it's too late. Thanks for that Misssy, love the sober bus thing 

Take care and please listen to us 🙏❤️

• Posted

Just catching up after holiday - how are you now, Susan?  Did you get medical help?  Please do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.