Swollen postauricular nymph node

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I noticed about 2-3 weeks ago that i had a small lump behind my ear and i first assumed it was just acne. Now i noticed its still there and about the same size! I am pretty sure it is a swollen nymph node (postauricular) after doing internet research because its located exactly where the lymph node is. It is a bit hard, painless, kinda fixed (tried moving it), pinkish color and about the size if a bean. From what i have seen this seems to suggest cancer and i am worried. I am 25 yo, male, light smoker (about 5 a day) for 8 years. I had an ear infection but that was on my other ear and like 3 months ag. About 1-2 weeks ago i had very light ear pain (where the lymph node is) and about 1 week ago that ear...sorry cant explain well...seemed to vibrate and it sounded like there was an helucopter inside, i literally felt my ear vibrating! I sadly can only see a doctor in about 2 weeks. I dont think i have any other symptons. I like to be realistic and it seems like cancer and i know i cant get a diagnosis here but i want some opinions please. Thanks alot everyone!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Here is a low quality picture in case anyone wants to see it.

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.