Swollen right tonsil and ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My right tonsil is visibly swollen, and my right ear feels blocked...

Went to two separate doctors (a week apart) and was given two rounds of antibiotics. Still no change!

Its sore but not unbearable. I can still eat and drink with little to no discomfort.

I can't see anything on the tonsil that looks like tonsil stones and both doctors have said it doesnt look like anything sinister.

BUT I'm getting really worried now. Has anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anyone?

• Posted

i am kinda going through the same thing. i have pressure in my left ear, but no pain. my left tonsil is swollen, no pain when I swallow. I've taken 2 different antibiotics for possible ear infections. no help. I've been to an ENT. he said all was good.

• Posted

It is very reassuring to hear the ENT said it was all good. My doctor said it was a virus, but surely the antibiotics would have sorted it...

Plus I've it for around a month now.

How long have you has this issue?

• Posted

a couple of months now. some times I dont notice the feeling or pressure in my ear, but my swollen tonsil has been for long time. do you have a picture of what your tonsils look like?

• Posted

Pics waiting to be approved by moderator.

Did the ENT give any suggestions of what might be the cause?

• Posted

SAME! sometimes I feel nothing at all, no pressure or blocked ear feeling, no feeling of anything unusual in my throat. Then some days my feels blocked/pressure.

I Keep checking my tonsil and there is no change, but it doesn't hurt. I looked closely and there was a small yellow bump, but that seemed to disappear after a day or two. Its really making me worried 😦

I'll attach a pic now.

• Posted

imageimage

Its hard to see in the pic but its a lot more swollen than the left one.

• Posted

the ent said that I have tmj and that I should talk to my dentist. image

• Posted

This looks almost exactly the same as mine!

• Posted

Yes, not ear pain just feeling blocked.

Im really scared that its something serious 😦

• Posted

did they say thats why its swollen? i have tmj and also a swollen tonsil all on my left side! as well as a gland slightly inflamed. im wondering if it connected. my jaw etc has been worse since ive been more anxious

• Posted

Have you been to the doctors about the swollen tonsil and gland?

• Posted

have you been to an ent?

• Posted

No my doctor told me its just viral and will go away on its own. I'm going back to the doctor tomorrow ans going to ask for a referral to the ENT!

• Posted

did you get your ent referral? or maybe more info from your doctor?

• Posted

Doctor said it looks like a healthy tonsil despite being swollen! Said that the ENT will have no interest in seeing a healthy tonsil.

also said I have 3 bubbles in my ear...

felt my glands and said all felt normal and fine.

I'm not going to be able to relax until I've seen an ENT. This has come out of nowhere, is swollen but doesn't hurt. Something is causing this, I just really hope its nothing sinister.

I'm going back to the doctor on Monday. How many times did you see the GP before they referred you to the ENT?

• Posted

I think it total of 3 trips. but when I saw the ent. he didnt really seem to concerned about. good luck. try not to stress too much. that's not going to help you either. pls keep me posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.