Swollen right tonsil and ear

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My right tonsil is visibly swollen, and my right ear feels blocked...

Went to two separate doctors (a week apart) and was given two rounds of antibiotics. Still no change!

Its sore but not unbearable. I can still eat and drink with little to no discomfort.

I can't see anything on the tonsil that looks like tonsil stones and both doctors have said it doesnt look like anything sinister.

BUT I'm getting really worried now. Has anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i have this! left tonsil is bigger then my right. been to see doctor, she said throat looked slightly infected and gave me antibiotics (no change) still the same. i also have the feeling after eating that something is on the very back of my tongue...left side! im going to visit my doctor again and tell them tablets have done nothing

• Posted

I've been to the doctors a few times and they dismiss it as anything serious. But it must be something causing the tonsil to be swollen!

Do you have any pain or blocked/Full feeling in your left ear at all?

My doctor said its viral, Ive had it around 5 weeks now 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.