Swollen / sticking out ribs?

Posted , 8 users are following.

My costo is so different to other people's that i'm constantly convinced it isn't that and it's something more sinister.

Mine is around my lower left ribs. For the last 18 months they have stuck out and feel like they are swollen. They would feel bruised if i pressed them quite hard. They ache around the bottom and around the side.

The most swollen part is around the middle of the left lower ribs. Not around the middle of my chest, but the middle of the left ribs themselves, which is where i believe there is a costo joint. It gets more swollen as the day goes on so is much more prominent at the end of the day. And i feel the ribs on that side feel harder than the ones on the right. Thats a weird thing to say because it's bone but they do feel so hard when i press them.

i have had ultrasounds, x rays, ct scans, and a nuclear bone scan which showed inflammation in the area, so i know it wont be anything more worrying, but still i worry because the symptoms are not the same as everyone else's. i OBSESS over it. i check how it feels maybe 10/20 times a day. i convince myself it's something terminal. ARGH.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

do you get run down with it. and feel like you tired all the time . I remember when I realized what I had 16 tern yrs ago you didn't hear of cosco. I it was odd how I found out . I was talking to a female Dr in the hall of my Drs office and I had just turned a certain way and felt like the wind was knocked out of me . and she seen my face and how I grabbed for my chest. than I told her about it . and she said you have cosco. I was shocked that someone said the name she wrote me down the name and told me to goggle it. so I did . I was so relieved to realize I wasn't crazy. that it made me depressed. .never had. these groups to talk to . I seen myself in so many others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.