Swollen urethra.

Posted , 38 users are following.

Over the past year(s), I've noticed my urethral meatus is swollen and red - most notably on the right side. No other symptoms are present. I had the STD tests done, and a seperate blood test and urine test and they all came back negative. Here are some pictures, any ideas?

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey mine doesn't look as bad as yours but after 3 months of constant irritation and inflammation and unless steroid creams and yeast creams my doc has put me on 100mg of Doxycycline for 21 days. I'm on day 4 and already noticing a huge difference. This drug cures all bacterial infections from urethritis to prostitis to sti. I had a swollen and irritated urethra and burning at the tip after urinating as well as a sore urethra when touched as well as clear discharge. I would ask your doctor about running a course of doxy. I'm sensitive to meds and this one is very mild. Cheers!

• Posted

Yes I did negative for everything. My doctor didn't want to put me on any medication until I told him about the clear discharge. I'm still getting flare ups which started a couple days ago which brings me to believe it's yeast. I'm going to try antifungal cream and salt baths and see if that helps. I still have the rest of doxycycline to finish as well.

• Posted

Hello there,

Thank you for your feedbacks, at least that help to find out solutions anyway.

On my side, about doxycycline, that's make 3 months i'm getting 100mg per day. I can asume that i'm less tired than before but this didn't cure the pain, disconfort and athrophy that seems still to progress. So I can't say if this help in my situation.

To be noted that my condition seems to be relieved when I remove the foreskin.

Again for those who cure this condition please take 2 min to share it on this discussion. Many thanks and wish every one to recover..

• Edited

Did any of you have more of an urge to urinate with your irritation?
    • Edited

I have the same urge, wake up all the time at night to use the bathroom . Any solutions in your behalf?
    • Edited

i do mate. Any update on your end?

• Posted

Did it get any better?  I am experiencing the same thing for three months, how long have you had it?
  • Edited

Mycoplasma genitalium!!!! I’ve had the same thing for years, all tests negative and then I went to a specialty STI Clinic and they swabbed me for this and sure as s**t it’s positive. A week of moxifloxacin 400mg should remedy the situation! GET THIS OUT THERE, as doctors are ignorant of this!
    • Edited

i made a post with pictures i think i have the same

can you see it and tell me if its the same

can i take the medicne without get tested

• Posted

Your comment made me want to reply. You are absolutely correct. However in my case it was Ureaplasma. First round of doxy for 14 days didnt cure it. I will be testing again and probably on more antibiotics and then starting pelvic floor therapy.

• Edited

I am having the same problem as you "Swollen urethra." Cant seem to solve it and its affecting my life in a really bad way please if you have solved it in any way tell me i am begging you !! Thank you for your time!

• Edited

I have the same thing guys. As you may have seen, I posted a month ago. 

Mycoplasma genitalium antibiotics didn’t do a damn thing. 

I ran all std tests and all negative.

Went to a lab yesterday and gave them my semen since it’s all related to the penis anatomy so tomorrow I will have my results back with my conclusion.

Hope everyone’s well.

Will save this post to update thread tomorrow 

• Posted

Nothing fellas, these guys came back empty handed. They inspected the semen and found  it to be clean. 

• Posted

Hey George, have you had any luck resolving this?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.