symfony lens and blurred vision

Posted , 10 users are following.

I recently had symphony lens' in both eyes  - operations were 2 weeks apart with the second being 5 days ago. My reading vision is fine but starts to go into soft focus looking across the room and beyond. Walking down the street - most things are out of focus so driving is not possible. The surgeon made adjustments to the calculations after the first eye to give the second greater distance but it  seems about the same. The surgeon said I had vey small eyes and so maybe that is why the refraction is out. I also had this procedure duet to closed angle glaucoma rate than cataract.

Has anyone else had this outcome and did it rectify itself as I appreciate it is still early days - or did you have further procedures?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I would guess you may have ended up a bit nearsighted from the target, though that can get better over the coming weeks - vision should be stable after a couple months after you can stop the Rx eyedrops.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.