Symptoms are the worst.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Every symptom I have, I constantly google it and SURPRISE! it's some fatal disease every single time. I know googling symptoms is really foolish and will only add to my already terrible health anxiety but  I can't help it. 

What physical symptoms of anxiety do you guys suffer with daily? Im curious to know Thanks!

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Gabbi,

Well do I start; currently I have tingling alover my face and the back of my neck.

I also have twitches through out my body,

Have had this anxiety problem for neally 18 mouths now which has unfortunately turn into health anxiety.

I have several tests and MRIs to all came back normal.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Hi Richard! smile You and I are in the same boat my friend. I have constant tingling and twitching all over my body too. Spasms galore, it's really annoying especially when I'm sleeping. I've had this anxiety since 2010 and it's particularly awful this year. How lovely lol.
    • Posted

Don't you just hate the twitches? At my worst I was like jelly, twitching from head to toe. They didn't bother me so much when they were in my thighs or my shoulders,it was when I got them in my fingers and thumbs that don't drove me mad. I knew when they were about to start as I'd get a funny cramping sensation in my fingers. 

• Posted

I've been having twitching for a couple of weeks now. I've been going through a lot of stress and worrying. ....was told by my "new" therapist anxiety is a nasty thing. were you told by your dr.anxiety is the reason for your twitching?

A little background on my situation :

Body had a strange adrenaline /tingle....almost like I had a few drinks..

but had not. Went to my GP ...

he ordered:

MRI of the brain....came back normal

24 hour urine. ...came back normal

blood work....came back normal

Once I heard mri oi started freaking out....immediately started on google. Well it was all down hill after that. 2 days after that apt I started with abdomen and back pain. Unfortunately my neighbor passed away from pancreatic cancer and her back pain triggered her to head to the dr....so with the help of goggle and my state of mind i'm freaking out again. Wellu mri apt was 2 weeks out....so I had to wait. However withe the abdomen pain and back pain I went back to the GP and after an exam and the major rumbling he heard. ...gas was the reason. Unfortunately I just didn't by it....should have. 2 days later I know have a tingle in my jaw (with nausea but no throwing up ) and my leg felt tired. .....so with all the pain and my mind going, my husband takes me to the ER.....the following occured:

EKG...came back normal

exam on my leg...strength wise....Dr didn't seem concerned .

extensive ct scan of my abdomen (they injected dye to make sure they didn't miss any hidden spots ) came back normal.

I was given ativan to relax me, something for the pain (gas ) and fluids.

Basically sent home with 5 pills of ativan and pain meds for gas. Was told to follow up with my gp. Well I was going to do that once the week of test I already had apt for were done. The MRI and an ultrasound that my Dr ordered when I went to see him. Unfortunately those 5 pills ran out and now i'm a mess. I haven't heard back on the MRI yet and wasn't doing well. So the beginning of the next week I asked for the medical records to be released from the ER visit because my GP needed to review before writing a prescription for ativan. Finally the hospital released them and I was able to get in 2 days later. This is the week I started noticing a few twitches but not too many. So it's the night before my apt and I get a call that my father passed away. ....total shock and unexpected.

So now i'm at my apt. ...the gp is going through all my test results ( oh did I mention when I called the beginning of that week I was told the MRI results were sent to the gp office the same day I had the test but that office told me twice they hadn't gotten it back).

All results were normal and he feels anxiety. He told since my blood pressure was a little high, lack of sleep, constant worrying and now the passing of my dad....could be the reason for the twitching. However he still wanted me to keep my apt with the neurologist.

Well for the past two weeks I feel the twitching the most when I lay down (at bed time ). So the ativan doesn't seem to have anything to do with them. I started with magnesium, potassium and calcium vit, adrenal strength vit and an over all multivitamin the past 2/3 weeks hoping that would help. However my therapist said i've been through and still going through so much. Anxiety is so ugly that it wants you to think negative thoughts and wants you to worry. So we're going to work on that.

I have my neurologist apt this wed but worried what she'll say about this twitching. Als is my concern but I don't have slurred speach, weakness in my legs ( I live in a two story house where i'm carrying heavy loads of laundry up and down stairs, vacuum cleaners up and down, piggy back rides to a child who weighs 78 pounds)...no tripping....it just the twitching.

So with ALL that being said I was wondering about your twitching and what your dr said.

Thank you for reading my story....I know it was L O N G smile

• Posted

I had twitches,slurred speach,cramp, numbness in face and was tripping over constantly,I also had the tingerling feeling in my legs and hands,and it was all caused by anxiety. Where are you from? I'm from the UK  and I never had an MRI scan or an ECG done.
    • Posted

I've been having twitching for a couple of weeks now. I've been going through a lot of stress and worrying. ....was told by my "new" therapist anxiety is a nasty thing. were you told by your dr.anxiety is the reason for your twitching?

he ordered:

Once I heard mri oi started freaking out....immediately started on google. Well it was all down hill after that. 2 days after that apt I started with abdomen and back pain. Unfortunately my neighbor passed away from pancreatic cancer and her back pain triggered her to head to the dr....so with the help of goggle and my state of mind i'm freaking out again. Wellu mri apt was 2 weeks out....so I had to wait. However withe the abdomen pain and back pain I went back to the GP and after an exam and the major rumbling he heard. ...gas was the reason. Unfortunately I just didn't by it....should have. 2 days later I know have a tingle in my jaw (with nausea but no throwing up ) and my leg felt tired. .....so with all the pain and my mind going, my husband takes me to the ER.....the following occured:

EKG...came back normal

extensive ct scan of my abdomen (they injected dye to make sure they didn't miss any hidden spots ) came back normal.

Basically sent home with 5 pills of ativan and pain meds for gas. Was told to follow up with my gp. Well I was going to do that once the week of test I already had apt for were done. The MRI and an ultrasound that my Dr ordered when I went to see him. Unfortunately those 5 pills ran out and now i'm a mess. I haven't heard back on the MRI yet and wasn't doing well. So the beginning of the next week I asked for the medical records to be released from the ER visit because my GP needed to review before writing a prescription for ativan. Finally the hospital released them and I was able to get in 2 days later. This is the week I started noticing a few twitches but not too many. So it's the night before my apt and I get a call that my father passed away. ....total shock and unexpected.

So now i'm at my apt. ...the gp is going through all my test results ( oh did I mention when I called the beginning of that week I was told the MRI results were sent to the gp office the same day I had the test but that office told me twice they hadn't gotten it back).

All results were normal and he feels anxiety. He told since my blood pressure was a little high, lack of sleep, constant worrying and now the passing of my dad....could be the reason for the twitching. However he still wanted me to keep my apt with the neurologist.

Well for the past two weeks I feel the twitching the most when I lay down (at bed time ). So the ativan doesn't seem to have anything to do with them. I started with magnesium, potassium and calcium vit, adrenal strength vit and an over all multivitamin the past 2/3 weeks hoping that would help. However my therapist said i've been through and still going through so much. Anxiety is so ugly that it wants you to think negative thoughts and wants you to worry. So we're going to work on that.

I have my neurologist apt this wed but worried what she'll say about this twitching. Als is my concern but I don't have slurred speach, weakness in my legs ( I live in a two story house where i'm carrying heavy loads of laundry up and down stairs, vacuum cleaners up and down, piggy back rides to a child who weighs 78 pounds)...no tripping....it just the twitching.

So with ALL that being said I was wondering about your twitching and what your dr said.

• Posted

I had them for around 12 months,but I'm fine now. I'm proof that you can get over anxiety. I thought I had every illness under the sun,but it was all psychosomatic.
    • Posted

about 4 hours ago

he ordered:

EKG...came back normal

• Posted

I have the twitching too. Our stories are so similar. MRI of brain and spine are normal here, but the waiting for that (cruel neuro went on vacation when he promosed me results right away). Long and untreated depression here.....terminally ill parent, marital issues....my therapist and my GP both say anxiety, but the twitching is so panic inducing. And the crawly sensations on my scalp.  
  • Posted

I have daily dizzines cant even wall specially alone and breathing problems...

I have all that more den two years now and it doesn't look like it will get better x

• Posted

I know how you feel. The dizziness is awful, my balance is also really bad when walking now. Right at this moment my anxiety is subsided but I guarantee it will be back shortly. Luck has never been on my side. rolleyes
  • Posted

I've had anxiety just over ten years I felt sick I have dizziness headaches wierd breathing palpitations chest pains and pains down my left side slight muscle twitches basically every symptom you can get lol meds never worked for me and was 3yrs till it was even diagnosed but what works for me is distractions my music been the main one I go nowhere without my headphones anything that stops you thinking about it seems to work the more you think about it the worse it gets
    • Posted

Hiiii Danny. Wow, it's like I wrote this! I have all of those symptoms as well. Honestly the doc said there was nothing wrong with me but with all these symptoms it literally feels like I'm coming to an end. Anxiety is an awful thing, really. I'm sorry that the meds aren't working, that must be completely annoying. Meds don't work for me either. rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.