Symptoms getting worse, doctors don't seem to care.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So my LTF came back with ALT of 68 i have to go back for more blood tests in 2 weeks and await my scan. They are still sure it is down to Galbladder

I have started to get itchy all over and a red blotchy face, plus i am still getting the pain. I really don't get how the doctors can be so relaxed, up to 4 weeks for the scan what if my liver fails by then, what if it effects other organs.

I am really concerned.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think now a days you really have to push these doctors. Tell him or her that you can't go through these pains 1 more day. I had to do that but also, I live in the States, so maybe different. I went through all that too for weeks and keep getting worse. Blood work, ultrasound, ulcer medication, finally I pushed for a ultrasound and found the gallstones. Then had to wait 6 weeks for the operation but asked to be put on a cancelation list. But 3 weeks later at a app. They sent me directly to ER and had the surgery done within hours. They waited too long and they knew it. 

But all done and I feel brand new, wish they had found this out when I was younger, missed out on so much.

so speak up and punch the doctor

• Posted

My scan was supposed to be 22nd of October but got a cancellation for tomorrow. Can it be too late?

I am just worried that if it is not my liver itself and the galstones as the doctor said it means it is affecting my liver.

I am just scared my body shuts down or i do harm to liver and kidneys sad

Were your blood works also showing an increase in the liver? LTF, My AFT is pretty high 68 and i am worried, either i have liver damage or the galbladder is causing liver damage

• Posted

Please go in there and DEMAND they do something! Are you on medication and having an allergic reaction to it? If they will not listen--CHANGE DOCTORS! Please keep me posted. there is no sense in you being treated this way!
  • Posted

Is there any way you can see a second Gastroenterologist? I left mine, who I had for a year, because he did not do anything to actually help me. I had to go to urgent care to be seen for a surgery.
    • Posted

Has scan today, no galstones liver looks normal so i don't know what is causing the pain, pain on right side, pain on left side, constipation for a year always tired etc etc 
    • Posted

Always get a female doctor. They know all the parts on woman and they are very understanding about pain. Men don't know and they think women wine a lot....
    • Posted

Was your Pancreas checked also? Have you had a barium scan of your small intestines or a colonoscopy of your colon? If you have ovaries, there could be a cyst causing you pain. So many possible things this could be. You really have to have a doctor that will sit down. look you in the eye and LISTEN to you.
    • Posted

I am going to see him again next week, the pain has eased of. Well i have had none today. If the constipation and tiredness went away i would be fine, plus i am losing a lot of weight
    • Posted

I do hope you feel better and find relief . Have they checked your thyroid through blood work?
    • Posted

Only thing which came back in my bloods was elvated liver function and low acid, given folic acid.
    • Posted

Can I ask? Are you in the UK or the states? Because here we have to ask for certain blood tests. Over here they seem to concentrate on cholesterol, blood sugars. My doctor even put in a vit.D only request

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.