Symptoms getting worse, doctors don't seem to care.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So my LTF came back with ALT of 68 i have to go back for more blood tests in 2 weeks and await my scan. They are still sure it is down to Galbladder

I have started to get itchy all over and a red blotchy face, plus i am still getting the pain. I really don't get how the doctors can be so relaxed, up to 4 weeks for the scan what if my liver fails by then, what if it effects other organs.

I am really concerned.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another thing to totally rule out gallbladder is to get a HIDA scan. This checks for the actual functionality of the gallbladder. It can still be painful to you without gallstones. Normal range is between 35% and 75% so if you fall out of that range, there may still be a reason to have surgery.
  • Posted

Your information is so concerning, I am sorry you are going through this.  It sounds like your liver is so toxic, it cannot process waste properly any more.  Can you stop eating meat and dairy all together and keep a food journal to see how you feel over time.  I suggest this since people in liver failure are advised to eat a low protien diet to put less of a burden on the liver.  A good plan is a vegan food plan book written by Dr. Mac Dougal.  Best of health to you, I hear you are scared that you will not get the care you need. 
    • Posted

Hi,

I have had liver scans which came back ok, my liver function is not too high so i don't think i have liver failure?

• Posted

I felt like I was ignored by everyone I had been suffering in agony for 16 months before on 20/09/2014 I had my gallbaldder removed nobody seemed to believe me how much pain I was in and was made to feel like I was making it up I had a scan in nov 2013 and they saw I had gallstones and still they did nothing after eating hardly anything for about. 6months as everything upset me they got me into talk about removal was affecting my liver also but still didn't rush thereselves keep going to hospital in the end they will get sick of seeing you that's what I was told by an a&e doctor and it worked good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for your hopefully it will sort itself out  smile
    • Posted

I am so sorry that you were treated that way! So many of us on this forum understand completely what you have gone through because we have gone through the same pain! You keep coming back to this forum and you will find friends her that will listen and tell you what we think or what we know from our own experiences. Glad you had your gallbladder removed and youare feeling better! Keep us posted and you need to talk, come back to this forum!
    • Posted

Hi thanks for you reply I am in two minds as of I should complain about the treatment I received or not as being told by paramedics it cant be that bad told by a nurse to stop crying as it cant be that bad and being told I would be booked am ultrasound 3 times by different doctors for about 6 months and then being prescribed medication for gerds reflux by my doctor when I had gallstones and then another mess up on the day of my operation makes me furious but what would be done and is there any point now its been done and I feel fine.
    • Posted

Good! We all should demand treatment from our doctors! Iam a C.N.A. and I would never tell someone to stop complaining or crying!That makes me angry. I understand pain and fear and they should too! happy you are feeling better. God Bles You!
    • Posted

I say complain , so they don't continue to treat patients that way.
    • Posted

I was in so much pain and to feel angry at the time but my husband was furious and that time I was taken by ambulance and then in majors they told me that as the pain wasn't that bad as it was gallstones that I should sit in a & e whilst I was sobbing in pain think I will complain the two paramedics I had the last time were lovely and told me to complain to PALS at the hospital think I will do so thank u for your help.
    • Posted

I'm going to complain annoying thing is they have the best neonatal unit but the rest of the hospital is rubbish

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.