Symptoms I am having, they have me worried sick

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well, guys - it's little, ol' anxious me again.

Before I begin, I feel I should tell you all that my anxiety only began a couple of months ago, so it's still relatively new to me. So, please forgive me during this post if I sound ignorant or naive when it comes to certain things.

So, my anxiety stems from health and worrying that there is something constantly wrong with me. It has almost become an obsession. Any twinge, anywhere in my body, sends me into a tail spin. Then, my brain latches on to that twingle, I get anxious about said twinge, and then said twingle is with me each and every single day. Also, I tend to assume the worst when it comes to a symptoms. For example, if I had a headache, I wouldn't think 'oh, gosh, I have a headache', I'd think 'OH, GOSH, I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOR!' And I am presenting it in a slightly comedic way, but believe me it is anything but funny when it actually happens. 

And what's weird is that sometimes symptoms of my anxiety are present when I don't feel particularly anxious. I guess I was ignorant in that I always associated anxiety with visible panic. Is it possible you can be anxious without really realizing it? 

Symptoms that I am currently experiencing that are really frightening me are all to do with my head. It's horrible, and I keep worrying that I have a brain tumor or that I have motor neuron disease (the latter really began to scare me because my shoulder hurts, and apparently your arms and shoulders are the first to go). I am only 27, and I am crippled with fear that there is something really wrong with me. I am going to do my best to describe what is happening with me, and I hope that my mind could be put to rest. I am going to apologize in advance, because these descriptions are going to be atrocious. 

So, it varies - sometimes my sinuses feel blocked, and I am unable to breathe through my nose. It can feel like my head is congested, or that pressure-y feeling when you are on an aeroplane. I don't have headaches, there is no 'pain', it's a strange feeling. My mum told me that tension headaches aren't always associated with pain, and that it could be that because I am so on edge and anxious. Now, here's where it gets weird...

A few days ago, I felt this little naggy feeling on the top of my head. Now, my hair is shaved off, so I'm able to run my hand over my head quite easily. I couldn't feel any sore points on the exterior - I thought maybe it was a little pimple on my head, or maybe a little ingrowing hair. Nothing. So, I'm assuming it is coming from inside my head. It feels like there is this little nagging "pain" (again, it doesn't really hurt, it's more annoying) at the top of my brain (I know that sounds crazy); is this something that happens during a tension headache? I know the muscles can tighten, which could by the top of my head is feeling the most sensitive.

Also, the little pulse in my temples are constantly throbbing around and popping up to say hello, sending me into a frenzy.

Someone help me!!!

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow it's like unreal to me reading your story because it sounds so similar to what I live with everyday. Well a few years back I ended with a lump in my throat that I ended having to get biopsied for cancer and all that and wait for results which made me very anxious the whole time. Thank god it ended up being benign but since that scare I always think something is wrong with me or going to be wrong with me. I've been through the do I have a tumor, heart disease, am I going to have a heart attack, but my main thing is always do I have some undetected cancer or will I get one. I'm always paranoid about any little mark or bump, any little pain I mean sometimes I even think I'm worrying so much that I cause symptoms that wouldn't otherwise be there. It's so aggravating and dibilitating it literally consumes my whole being. I'm 28 yrs old and I'm always saying people have no idea what this is like it's always just stop or it can't be that bad I feel like nobody understands at all. It's so nice to find someone who can relate. I always feel like I'm to young to go through so much and I have 4 kids so it's even harder to feel the way I do and still have to be able to function as a mother😔😔😔😔
    • Posted

I even sometimes feel like my heart is beating fast and like my insides are trembling it's awful
    • Posted

We're actually the same age, and we're very much in the same boat. I don't have any children, so I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, having to take care of other people when you, yourself, are feeling so horrible. You sound like a survivor, though, and that's to be commended. I think that people like us, who suffer with what we suffer with, need to tell our brains to stop when they insist there is something wrong with us. There isn't, we're going to be okay. smile
    • Posted

I actually think I was better Shataya when my kids were little and dependent on me as they were a distraction. I'm much worse now the've left home and I focus more on my anxiety and symptoms? It's really tough
    • Posted

Anxiety is the one thing that unites us all, and that is why I take solace every time I come on here. I feel less alone.
    • Posted

Thank you so much it helps knowing that we are not alone and somebody can relate
    • Posted

Yea I have no choice but to make myself get up and do what needs done my kids are 8, 7, 5, and 1
  • Posted

Maybe you should speak to someone about it get some blood tests and ease your mind! I'm sure your 100% fine though just over thinking!!
    • Posted

Oh, I am very much aware that this is me overthinking. I just need to find a way to stop. I am looking into CBT though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.