Symptoms of Acute Diverticulis- Please Share Yours

Posted , 7 users are following.

My very first attack was Jan 23, 2017 I woke up at 2:00AM to the most horrid pain below belly buttom that contiued all night and day non stop! At about 8:00 AM I went to bathroom to find a bloody mucos discharge I knew then something was wrong went to ER had the ct scan w/dye and tons of blood work and bowel and urine sample CT SCAN confirmed Diverticulis and white blood was a little over 11,000 What I like to know is other peoples first Acute attack requiring medical attention. Also does each and everytime we have to do these horrid antibotics? Plus does anyone know of an all naturtal approach to take when infected and white blod cell gets high showing infection. I know when better to start the metamucil and watch my diet. Why is it we can't have choclate or caffiene I LOVE dark chocolate or carbonated water it was on my paper work from hosiptal but didnt say why it just said advoid. By sharing this really helps us all.   Thanks

3 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My first attack on January 16th was the same blood in stools, and then mucus with blood, pain came a few hours later so I knew it was serious. My doctor saw me right away next morning for blood work and a CT scan. I was told 3 days of liquids the low residue diet for a few more then back to normal with no restrictions. I am seeing so many conflicting remarks regarding what to stay away from but I was told everyone is different and just eat normally with everything in moderation.
    • Posted

Linda are you doing the fiber mix drink and or stool softner? 
    • Posted

I don't need a stool softener but I am starting the metamucil this week.

• Posted

I'm fed up, I've been feeling sick everyday for two weeks now, my tummy is doing its own thing and I generally feeling unwell,

But I don't have any pain had blood test yesterday no infection so I'm unsure if its worth visiting the doctor or just keep plodding on, except its getting me down big time

• Posted

Linda I'm from USA and have been on Metamucil six years. I take it twice per day and never have anymore stomach issues and no flare ups from diverticulitis. Again the only downside is you're going to have several bowel movements per day and your going to be regular just like the energizer bunny.

Good luck.

• Posted

On the  Metamucil do you go by the directions on the container ? Are do y'all Add more?  you drink it twice a day how many teaspoons or tablespoons do you put the drink ?

• Posted

Hi Linda

I seen doc yesterday I asked for that a fibogel she said no

But to stay with the laxido which you got 8 hrs to drink it in

I found ginger tea or peppermint tea stop that nauseous not sure if it stops it all day only found out about that yesterday

Had pressure on left side yesterday by ribs then below belly

Personally I think nothing will be done until I get the infection at least that the impression I get

I am back down their today that will be three times in three days at this rate I might as well take my bed with me. I just want to fell well again and return to work, can't live on fresh air

• Posted

Well would you Adam and eve it seen different doctor took me off laxido now I got fybogel. Let's hope it lives up to it'd reparation

• Posted

Thats great,hope it works for you like it did for me,let  us all know how you go on but give it time to work.Good luck.
    • Posted

I am on day 17 and finally almost feel like myself again. Digestive tract still a little out of whack but definitely better. Hopefully it will be the same for you in a day or two.
    • Posted

Hi Linda me to felt awful lot better after taking them peppermint oil capsules within two days I stopped taking them as they settled my tummy and sorted my digestive tact right on

A little bit of flutters but that's it so I've returned back to work. But still slowly slowly do it.

For me it was down to swapping the laxido for fybogel and peppermint oil capsules.

• Posted

Without the advice on here I don't think I would of achieved anything so I am very grateful for all the help and advice I received

• Posted

Today is 5 weeks for me, feel good but bowels still not normal. I was told last week by doctor to not do any fiber supplement yet but to take a probiotic tablet once a day and I think that has helped a lot since it puts friendly bacteria back into your system. I was very sick 15 years ago after having my gall bladder out ant it took forever for my digestive tract to get back to normal and the probiotics helped a lot then also. You have to be careful with the fiber and not over do it because it makes the colon work harder to process it.
    • Posted

I was shared some info on "probotics" that they can actually cause an infection from my facebook diverticulisi Jorney group. Some on there do not take them. One lady shared a report on it..Has anyone on here actually researched probotics and possible side affects as well.

• Posted

I just looked on a few different sites for side effects and they report that infection caused by probiotic is rare. I'll take my chances because I feel better since I started them and I do trust my doctor's advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.