Symptoms of Acute Diverticulis- Please Share Yours

Posted , 7 users are following.

My very first attack was Jan 23, 2017 I woke up at 2:00AM to the most horrid pain below belly buttom that contiued all night and day non stop! At about 8:00 AM I went to bathroom to find a bloody mucos discharge I knew then something was wrong went to ER had the ct scan w/dye and tons of blood work and bowel and urine sample CT SCAN confirmed Diverticulis and white blood was a little over 11,000 What I like to know is other peoples first Acute attack requiring medical attention. Also does each and everytime we have to do these horrid antibotics? Plus does anyone know of an all naturtal approach to take when infected and white blod cell gets high showing infection. I know when better to start the metamucil and watch my diet. Why is it we can't have choclate or caffiene I LOVE dark chocolate or carbonated water it was on my paper work from hosiptal but didnt say why it just said advoid. By sharing this really helps us all.   Thanks

3 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My flare ups always start with a constant dull ache, rather like a"stitch type cramp", loss of appetite, pale skin (face) , temperature, chills, extreme fatigue. I can't eat red meat or beans,corn and peas seem to aggravate my gut.

• Posted

Hi, have you had to go on antibiotics for every flare up? This is my first so not sure what to expect in future.
    • Posted

Hi Linda,I'm several days into a very bad flare up at the moment and speaking for myself I always need antibiotics. Been given a course of Metronidazole and warned if no improvement after 2 days on them, I could end up in hospital.Just resting with a hot water bottle and drinking sips of water. Usually takes me at least 4 weeks to recover from flare ups.

• Posted

Jaine you not on the antibotics the full 4 weeks are u? Do you all think prune juice will help because that metamucli is dropping my blood sugar and it only comes in orange flavor and giving me horriuble heartburn. PLEASE some one tell me some natural way to keep bowels  soft. I just finished my antibotics a few days ago. My one problem is I dont have an upper plate made yet so chewing everything good is hard. Does magnisium crae help? 
    • Posted

It takes around a month after finishing the antibiotics for me to recover fully. Can I ask if anybody else following this thread has had any previous abdominal surgery as I found all my bowel issues started after having my eldest son by C section 29 years ago.
    • Posted

I  had my gallbladder removed with bile ducts when I was 21 years old I'm 59 now though. I have naturally birth seven children but no Csections but a lot of rough natural births. 

• Posted

The orange flavoured Fybogel gave me heartburn so i get the natural one and although this tastes a bit orangey im ok with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.