Symptoms really getting me down

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all

I've posted a few times before and and was lucky enough to get some really kind replies. 8 weeks ago started getting really bad back left side pain and under ribs to front, horrible nausea and stomach pain.

Have had bloods, ultrasound and ct scan, all seem fine, just gullet inflammation showed on the endoscopy. I have very little interest in food and spend every day feeling sick, faint and with pain out my back. I'm on 40m of emeprazo l e twice a day but still miserable. Does anyone have there's debilitating symptoms, especially the left side back/rib pain. I'm getting really depressed from it all, don't know of any more tests they can do, also really loud stomach noises and burping every day, hard to believe reflux could make anyone feel this bad. Tks for listening.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

do you have a pretty healthy diet? do you drink any alcohol at all?

those two things have had the biggest effect on me with regards to reflux.

• Posted

I don't drink at all and try every day to avoid greasy, fatty or the acidic foods, I don't know why I'm suffering like this

• Posted

Sorry to hear how miserable you are! i had a lot of similar symptoms a year ago and a low carb (actually low fermentation) diet helped a ton. The theory is some people aren't able to digest carbs well and they instead ferment in the large intestine which creates gas (thus all the burping and rumbling in lower gut). Eating more fat and fewer carbs reduces the gas. This plus reducing stress, using Gaviscon to keep down the acid, and cutting out amazing between meals (to allow the gut time to rest) got new pretty sorted. Good luck and do some reading on this approach!

• Posted

HI, Have they checked you for pancreatitis? Do you have high liver enzymes? Or checked for ulcers? could be side effects from to much NEXIUM, can you try one nexium, morning, one ZANTAC at night. zantac is for ulcers. If you just have gerd, why are they giving you so much nexium?

• Posted

Inflamatiion was found when they did endoscopy,so that hashas to b e treated

• Posted

hi kate, ive had all of what you describe and all this only came on when i started going through menopause, the chronic side pain, chronic nausea, excessive wind, both ends, stomach problems, very bad constipation, my stools were like rock hard little balls sometimes and very difficult to pass, aswell as all this i had very bad hot flushes, neck pain , back pain, and horrible thoughts like wanting to die, i also git very bad migranes, its a miracle what we get through, i take HrT, ranitidine 150mg twice daily, diazapam sparingly only when desperate because they are addictive, with time it does get better, its been 8 years since ive been going though all this but im not as bad now, im sorry you are going through this. there is hope, keep coming here it helps a lot,

• Posted

Tks Jules

I thought I was out the other side of meno as I'm late 50s, it has crossed my mind on and off, I have been feeling very down since it all started and have felt the whole time ththat I'm dieing a slow horrible death,so maybe your right, it's just that the symptoms are so real and severe, I'm sorry you are going tru this awful suffering too, really apprecite hearing from you.

• Posted

When you say under ribs do you mean lower than or behind. What type of pain is it? Is it sharp or dull. Is it constant or a stabbing jolt type pain every now and then? Do you get palpitations or breathing issues?

• Posted

It's behind my ribs, dull on and off pain, I get heart papalpitations every night

• Posted

I take emeprazol 40m twice a day and a sleep ing tablet

• Posted

So did have the chest pain/palpitations before you took the sleeping pills? Or did you get the symptoms after starting them?

• Posted

I think after I started taking them, but as it happens now I can't sleep even with sleeping tablets, was in terrible stomach pain most if last night even though I had taken a sleep ing tablet, I just don't know where to turn ,feeling suicidal from it, it's been relentless for pastc2cmonths

• Posted

Hi kate65092

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

I took anti anxiety/sleeping tablets briefly and they made me feel terrible. I kept getting jolt like sensations in my chest and I had the worst depression. They can affect your heart so it could be causing the chest pain and palpitations. Another thing I was thinking of was as you are taking such a high dose ppi, you may have a vitamin deficiency, which may be causing some symptoms. I have to take extra vitamin d and b12.

When it comes to your stomach, you could be experiencing very bad IBS and if this is the case I would highly recommend alverine tablets, they have helped me so much. You need to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss these issues because you can't go on like you are at the moment. Ask for a vitamin and mineral test, ask about the sleeping tablets possibly affecting your chest pain/palpitations and ask if you could have IBS and if you do, say you would like to try alverine. Also write things down that you want to ask your doctor because if you aren't sleeping well you may forget when you are there. I hope you get this all sorted soon and start feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.