Symptoms really getting me down

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all

I've posted a few times before and and was lucky enough to get some really kind replies. 8 weeks ago started getting really bad back left side pain and under ribs to front, horrible nausea and stomach pain.

Have had bloods, ultrasound and ct scan, all seem fine, just gullet inflammation showed on the endoscopy. I have very little interest in food and spend every day feeling sick, faint and with pain out my back. I'm on 40m of emeprazo l e twice a day but still miserable. Does anyone have there's debilitating symptoms, especially the left side back/rib pain. I'm getting really depressed from it all, don't know of any more tests they can do, also really loud stomach noises and burping every day, hard to believe reflux could make anyone feel this bad. Tks for listening.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kate:

I am going to stick to the basics. High nutrition, hydration, Organic foods. I believe that most digestive issues will be helped by these basics. The human body wants to heal but it needs the proper tools, every day. Many organs can cause pain. I recommend this:

1. 1st thing in the morning drink 12 oz of warmed water with 1 capful of Miralax. It also comes in generic brands. It will help everything move through a little faster and smoother.
    2. Make an Organic vegetable and fruit smoothie in a high speed blender. Drink 12oz and then save the rest . Drink 8oz three more times a day.
    3. Before dinner eat a large Organic salad .
    4. Incline the head of your bed 8 inches.
    5. Drink 10oz of pure water 4 times a day.

If your pain subsides then you will have discovered the problem.

Keep us posted. John

• Posted

My first thought was gallbladder but that's usually the upper RIGHT side.

If you are constipated at all, that can be causing pain. Try Miralax mixed with Metamucil. The combination works miracles for me.

Also, I have found that taking my other prescriptions earlier in the evening practically eliminates nighttime GERD problems.

• Posted

Sounds like espphageal spasm with underlying GERD to me. There is also a likelihood that your blood pressure and heart rate would be very unstable while the episodes last. Indeed many doctors tend to think it is cardiac for real, especially in the light of the pains radiating from the thoracic region to other areas in the body. The pain could be mild. It could also be like gunshot. There is some dizziness and lethargy to the bargain.

The tendency is to ignore these symptoms if they occur once in a long while. But the frequency and consistency of what you described make it a case for medical intervention.

The walls of the esophagus are irritated by stomach acid and some other stimulants like alcohol and spices. The walls then start to contract abnormally. The other organs around the esophagus are affected either through sympathetic activity or the sheer force of the contraction.

Anti depressants like amytripline and sidelnafi do help. But please, get a prescription as these drugs are prescription stuff. You may discuss these details with your doctor as they often find these symptoms confusing.

Only problem is you will need to monitor your heart regularly. These drugs tend to lower heart rate rather steeply.

Good luck.

• Posted

If your doctor has not identified the problem and you have health insurance I would wait until after normal doctor hours and go to the nearest hospital ER. Tell them about the heart issues first and the pain second. This could be very serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.