Syogren's Syndrome diagnosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have read various posts in which people have talked about the difficulties of getting a diagnosis for Sjogren's. Has antibodies and an ultrasound of the submandibular glands ever helped anybody's diagnosis?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, saliva glands showed damage. It was shown by having the ultra sound. (Mainly blood test results. Plus other tests.) All proved I had secondary sjrogrens syndome. The result confirmed damage and S. S. Hope this helps you.
    • Posted

every morning I wake up with swollen Parotid gland and it hurts. During day it goes down. So when I go to Dr's it is normal. It is inside my mouth that is really bad

• Posted

Such a small amount is taken, the pain releif does the job. You don't feel a thing even the few stitches. Dont worry if you need to have a lip biopsey. I use mouth wash everyday anyway which helped it heal. Stitches fell out hardly tell where it was done now. I had it done as I am on the research program for S. S. Hoping I find out more at what stage I am at. Have had more help with my dry eyes so far, so its worth it. New drops have helped. Realise must put them in more often too. Cheers thanks for you're reply.

• Posted

I am twitching so bad right now My typing may not be the greatest.  well having really deep deep connective tissue blood work  drawn Wednesday . My Gp wants to do special Blood work for lupus etc whatever blood needed I begged him today to find out what is wrong with me 
  • Posted

Hi.  I am brand new to this blog.  My eye dr said to buy AREDS 2 and take 1 twice a day. I'm sick of pills but force myself.  IF and when you develop joint pain, try Turmeric (made from curry). It is a lifesaver for many unless it upsets your stomach.  If it does, try taking lower dose 3 times a day.

• Posted

Hi there lindaisout, i have tried tumeric as well in tablet form. Ok. Dont take them every day. Thanks fir tip. x
    • Posted

Thank you lindaisout, I will keep this in mind. I am getting by with eye drops at the moment, but I will look into the AREDS 2

• Posted

Supposedly it has 2 ingredients that the combination help prevent more vision loss and is not like the drops.  I'm just gonna believe her assessment and force myself to take them.  My eyesight has gone downhill the last three years and I guess I'm a little desperate to keep what is left  smile  Best of luck to you and to all of us

• Posted

Thank you for the tip. The AREDS 2 gets very good reviews, so it does seem to have helped people. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.