T K R date arrives

Posted , 15 users are following.

Went for my final check today and there was a therapist group discussion about 8 of us having the same surgery over three days.

my surgery is for 18th April wish me luck.rolleyes

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Many thanks for your kind support

This four is so good for reassurance which is what I need right now Yes they have been morthine throughout the night I got about 20 minutes sleep last night thank to you all for your prayers and encouragement they will be getting out of bed this morning and I will let you posted

• Posted

Don't get out of bed without your full quota of painkillers. They got me out without any as drug trolley was late & I almost got the roof! After that, I refused to get out without them. Stay strong.

• Posted

Yes they have given me my strong killer's and are gong to take me for x ray as soon as the drainage has been removed

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're in such pain! Tell the nursing staff, they may be able to get the ward dr to write you up something stronger. 

All I can remember after the last op was nurses coming in to ask if I needed more pain relief & of course the omnipresent blood pressure machine! Which along with night time ward noises kept me awake at night!!

The only time I had Oromorph was at night when the pain was bad!

Just keep thinking of walking without pain in the near future. Keep positive!

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

They are preparing my discharge which is ahead of what I thought.

The physiotherapists is pleased with how things are going the only real problem is straght leg lift my leg feels like lead.

I feel like a robot at the moment

• Posted

That is lovely news. It will feel odd but once home you will start to be able to recover. Ot does feel like lead at the start. Take care
    • Posted

Your leg will feel like lead for a bit, how long is different for everyone, but it does get better. Patience is a virtue for Recovery...
    • Posted

Well my first night home was agony.

Before they discharged me i had two physiotherapists getting me to walk a long way down a corridor  then up and down a flight of stairs.

They both tried to get me to do straight leg lifts i couldn't lift my leg no matter how hard i tried.

Then they lifted my leg and supported my foot trying to get me to hold it there the pain was awful.

Now as a result i cant do many exorcizes my leg is so sore and the knee has swelled a lot

I am getting a bit disheartened

• Posted

I'm 67, a retired RN but I had to learn to say NO to the physiotherapist (usually young and in their prime ) who tried to push me more than my knee could tolerate. After one such session in which she pushed down on my knee causing me to yell and lose six weeks of progress, I found a new physiotherapist who worked with me to heal. Pay attention to your knee. It will feel more painful or swell if it's overdone on exercise. Yes, exercise is important but in moderation to what your knee can do. We are all different. Some heal faster than others, so be patient with yourself and stand up for your knee. Rest, ice, elevate, take pain meds and your knee will let you know when to start exercise again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.