Taped up Knee

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all TNR 5.3.15.First physio today because of horrendous tight band on walking??? Well hes not sure what it is but my knee doesn't go flat to the bed and cant push it down when he puts his hand under?? He said its still very swollen and fluidy so ive to start anti inflammatorys straight away!!!! He said it could be my knee cap pressing and causing pressure??? So as an experiment hes pushed my knee cap up yikes and taped it with some EXTRA strong tape. NO exercising and to sit with it out not pulled back like the exercises??? I go back fri so back to no baths til fri lol. Must say I havent had that horrible tightness since he did it but hell I still feel sick from the pain he put me through lol.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I don't understand.

If you had TKR on 5th March why are you only now going to physio for the first time?

When I had my TKR 3 years ago I was going to physio for ages as soon as I was discharged from hospital.

You are still less than 4 months down the lilne and this is a long recovery period. They said to me it would be about a year before I began to feel benefits of operation.

Now 3 years later I can say it has been successful and worthwhile.

Hope you continue to improve. It does get better I promise.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

Because its not offered automatically anymore you only get it if you start having problems???
    • Posted

Oh I see. Where do you live?

With me it was not only offered it was ordered that I attended physio sessions before my consultant would discharge me from hospital

I would not have got to where I am now without it that's for sure.

Good luck with it all.

Sarah

• Posted

I live in west yorkshire. I went today was in and out in 30 mins and cant be fit back in for 2 weeks lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.