Tapering

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi guys

Does anyone have any advice on how to taper off without medical assistance.

I'm currently prescribed valium.. 2ml and 5 ml 5 times a day which I rarely take, only ever at night.

I attempted to taper yesterday and just had half a drink in the morning then half in the afternoon and a 2ml valium inbetween until later in the evening when I had around 4 drinks.

I literally felt like my body was just going to give up on me, it was very scary.

I'm still trying today but I'm scared I'm doing it wrong as I feel seriously ill

Any advice would be much appreciated x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You seem to be heavily dependent on alcohol so tapering off wont be easy, u could try taking it down slowly, i mean really slowly if you dont want medication. Cant really help with detox because it took me a very long time to reduce my intake. But i can suggest a tool to help you out. Try alcochange, its an app that u can use to manage your drinking and cut down slowly. Its based on your honesty when you add your drinks into the device but if you do you can set personal goals to meet everyday. 
  • Posted

Hi Just read your story, did not realize the dangers of cold turkey. Another lady years ago dragged away from her kids, until her husband finds out. All this becauce of the drink makes you wonder, why we started in the first place.

And a solution is to drink water REALLY. Today we have the internet forums everyhere, and even an APP for the mobile phone. So how I just don't see that getting a 5 star rating.  But I hope and I mean this that I am wrong and it scores

10 stars. Best of luck Chantelle

• Posted

Hi been searching for that app, took a while. It appears to be called

alcochange qs  from a company and it is Patent Pending, whatever that means. I hear it and see it but who decides these things, ah the patents offices, who are they then :-). Here sounds a bit like patients don't.

I have not loaded it but 2 things, 1 is there appears to be a map attached to the internet, with the location of the phone and a message to emergency serives that the user needs help.

2. there is a link to FACEBOOK posative or neg no idea why thy that needs to be there. But it is darkened. ( but maybe it's me ) I hate Facebook.

they know too much.

But hey the app at the MO is free next year maybe  20 £

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.