Tapering off 15mg!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I have been on 15mg of Mirt now for 4 weeks & want off, can anybody recommend a safe tapering routine to reduce withdrawal symptoms, I don't have access to the liquid version, only tablets. Thanks

2 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I slowly tapering off 15mg by halving it so far not too bad.

• Posted

I'm taking cbd oil alongside it then I'll stop it altogether

• Posted

You should not take CBD oil with mirtazipine not good option have you read that , even herbal natural remedies can interfere with certain medications recently a study as arose confirming this so CBD oil isn't a good move

• Posted

I'm doing the same, have just orded some CBD oil from the USA to see if that helps with my Anxiety & Depression & too take as I'm withdrawing from Mirt in the weeks...

• Posted

I got mine from UK holland and barratts its helping me so far I usually sleep ok let me know how it goes

• Posted

Hi Janey, will do, mine arrives next week. How are you going with the CBD oil is it helping with your Anxiety, Mood, sleep & nausea after dropping the Mirt?

• Posted

its helping somewhat but I have psychosis so my fears are irrational. sleep is improved now wasnt at first.

nausea was only temporary a day or do.

I've added in turmeric now so I'll take them in evenings. That's also good for all sorts.

• Posted

Glad to hear you are doing OK Janey & feeling better without the Mirt!!

• Posted

Speak to doctor on this don't rush as body can have shock I tapered from 45 down to 7.5mg over years worked fine for me but I tried to come completely off and went into side effect of many types I would advise to speak to your doctor

• Posted

i cut mine in half took 7.5 for one week, then cold turkey. it's been 4 days and no withdrawl side effects other than insomnia. nytol seems to be helping me though . good luck!!

• Posted

I'm planning to cut mine out now and then just use cbt oil instead for my depression and anxiety

• Posted

I spoke to my doctor & he wants me to stay on Mirt for another month, he suggested increasing to 30mg or 22.5mg from 15mg. I have been on now for nearly 5 weeks & so far it is only helping my appetite & sleep slightly, not my Anxiety & Depression. Should I stay on 15 for another month, increase or taper off? Thanks

• Posted

After thinking long & hard I have decided to go ahead & taper off my 15mg that I have been on for 5 weeks. I have decided after realising Mirt has been only helping my appetite & sleep slightly, not my Anxiety or improving my mood. This is my taper plan :

1. 25mg for 2 weeks

7.5mg for 2 weeks

2. 75 for 2 weeks

1.875 for 2 weeks

1.875 every second, third day etc till I am a week between doses then off...

Is this a reasonable tapering plan?

• Posted

After thinking long & hard I have decided to go ahead & taper off my 15mg that I have been on for 5 weeks. I have decided after realising Mirt has been only helping my appetite & sleep slightly, not my Anxiety or improving my mood. This is my taper plan :

1. 25mg for 2 weeks

7.5mg for 2 weeks

3.75 for 2 weeks

1.875 for 2 weeks

1.875 every second, third day etc till I am a week between doses then off...

Is this a reasonable tapering plan?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.