Tearful ? Is this a common peri menopausal symtom

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi again on top of all the anxiety I'm now having really tearful days out of nowhere ? Does any one have this ? Just feel really low . . .

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My dear, you are not alone. Mine kicked in at a time I lost my mother so I thought that was the reason but way into one year, I still have it on and off. I have not had it for almost three months but for some reason, it started again on Sunday. It shall be well and especially with the support of ladies on this forum. Don't give up
    • Posted

Hi sweetheart thanks for your reply !! I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother !  I'm not surprised you were tearful,  that must be one the hardest things to go through and must still be so hard ! Sending you a big hug x
  • Posted

Hi Deb

yes it is all part of peri.. ( hormonal emotions) 

i had this too, mine was at its worst when my periods stopped .

my periods stopped in sept last year ( 2013) 

and for 7 months after the last period i would just cry .. 

felt very emotional .. Slightest thing set me off, took things to heart more and would just have tears..

there was a pattern though it seemed to kick in every six weeks .. Like a PMT but no period .

the last episode was in April i cooked Sunday lunch and sat there eating then next minute sat there crying at the table  😳 ( it wasnt my cooking ) 

i was very sensitive to things that would not normally bother me .

anyway April was when i took the B6 and all got better after..

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Jay,  you are a real sweetheart. You always reply to everyone 🙏😊 glad to know I'm not alone but sorry you have this ! I'm still having my periods as I said at 48 ? I just wish they would end . . . Really fed up,of feeling low most of the time ? Just can't be bothered to do anything xx take care sweetie x
    • Posted

Hi deb

its gets better the tears ... They have gone now..

got my mojo back.. It will pass .. 😃

hang in there .. 

I called them my special tears 😃

jay xx

• Posted

Thank you Jay x  I hope I get my mojo back some day smile although it doesn't fell like I will 🙏😊 in a strange way I actually hope all this anxiety etc is due to peri menopause and that I'm not just getting it for no real reason ? It's hard to know for sure x
    • Posted

Hi Debs

well the B6 ( 150mg ) sorted me..

two weeks after that my anxiety, tears.. Well being just got better and better .

amongst my other vits ..

all works well 

jayxx

• Posted

Hi Jay 

Going to to start the Viamins as you suggest.  It's hard to believe that they could cure it ? But if they have worked for you then that's fantastic.  Love Deb x😊

• Posted

Hi Deb

they work for may of us .

we lack b6 and b12 in meno..

i know u say you have had them a little while but you need to take them ..

whats stopping you from trying them 😃

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay,

i am always nervous to take tablets 😢 I bought them  from Holland and Barrett but they still seem to have so many other things in them ? I would really like to find an organic Version that was completely pure ? Maybe that doesn't exist I don't know . . .  I'm just silly like that x

• Posted

Hi Debbie, yes emotions run high! You can be full of life , the world is great then two days later you have anxiety as thick as maple syrup and feelings of terror, sadness and tears..As i move through this lovely journey I am noticing now that it happens when I "should" be getting my period and at this time since ovaries are not pumping out eggs your estrogen is surging because it wants that egg to go..Elevated estrogen levels cause many symptoms it is acutally called "estrogen dominance" Know you have this post to share and read it helps so much with me and agree with Jay..take B-6!! Good luck and hang in there!
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your reply 🙏😊 I'm still having my periods and it sounds as if yours have finished ? Would it be right that I still fell like this ? thank you Debbie x

• Posted

Hi Debbie 

if your still have regualr periods it can take years to reach post menopause

( no period for 12 months) 

took me 10 years to reach this .. I am age 50 now and all done 😃

some ladies lit take longer some ladies sail through in a couple of years..

jay x

• Posted

Hi Jay,

they are not completely regular sometimes 35 days sometimes 22 and so on.  I'm getting a little mixed up on this subject ?? Are you saying you felt all the horrible symtoms during peri menopause or only now post menopause ? 

Debbie x

• Posted

hi Debs 

i felt peri symptoms for 10 years ..

you just have to accept it, try and understand it and crack on basically.

just try your best with supplements that the body cries out for and lacks, be kind to yourself and not worry about it .. ' stay positive is the key' 

post menopause you have different things to contend with .

you need not worry about that until your post meno .. 😊

jay x

• Posted

Dear Jay,

you're so kind and have been a massive help to me on this site.  Thank you so Much for all your quick and informative replies.   I really appreciate all your advice and support sweetheart 😘💨 love Debbie x

• Posted

Hi Debbie 

your very welcome ... 😃

Its nice to be there for one another .. 

Jayxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.