Tearful ? Is this a common peri menopausal symtom

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi again on top of all the anxiety I'm now having really tearful days out of nowhere ? Does any one have this ? Just feel really low . . .

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi debbie

I'm not supprised that we have tearful days, menopause is so confusing so many different symptoms that we have never felt before, interrupted sleep, worry as we try to adjust and make sense of it all.

As for the other things in the B6 B12 I think they are there to be able to make them into a tablet so unless you only ever eat organic or home grown - home baked - home produced food you will be eating them any way!!

I have not cried for years until last week I was just so fed up with feeling ill for so long I just had a little cry, why shouldn't I.

• Posted

Hi debbie

I'm not supprised that we have tearful days, menopause is so confusing so many different symptoms that we have never felt before, interrupted sleep, worry as we try to adjust and make sense of it all.

As for the other things in the B6 B12 I think they are there to be able to make them into a tablet so unless you only ever eat organic or home grown - home baked - home produced food you will be eating them any way!!

I have not cried for years until last week I was just so fed up with feeling ill for so long I just had a little cry, why shouldn't I.

• Posted

hi Lou 

😥

oh hun, it does get better the emotional side of things ..

sleep ... Ummmm been an bad sleeper for 12 years with this peri and now post meno..  Mine startes a couple of years prior to peri ..

thats been the worst most severe problem for me ..

I am not the best sleeper any way..

its the actual nodding off for me, then cant get head cozy, so am tossing pillows about all night 😓

your not alone with the lack of sleep, i think i just got use to it now, thriving on minimal hours if sleep .

jay x 

• Posted

Hi jay

smile

Dont get me wrong, as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm asleep, like you I'm tossing and turning all night, I seem to dream alot then the hot flushes wake me!!

My daughter says I look half dead when I get up in the mornings and thats just about how I feel first thing lol

take care

Lou x

• Posted

Hi Lou

thank you for your reply sweetheart, I really appreciate it.  Yes it's hardly surprising I supose sad but it's still difficult to deal with.  I used to sleep brilliantly now I keep waking up ? Don't have hot flushes so I'm not sure what's causing it ?  I'm sure your right about the tablets.

sorry you felt tearful I hope you are feeling a little better today x Debbie x

• Posted

Hi Lou 

well i just nipped out .. Its baking here for october ..

hot flush or what ..

Tee shirt off .... Phewwww

These devils came back for me post meno .. 😥

fine when its cooler .. Its the heat .. Body cool to touch, just on fire from within, as soon as i got in car thats hot inside, thats me .. Flush city 

Feel fine in myself ( felt sluggish yesterday) but on fire today 😊

oh well .. you have to crack on dont you..

i have a fan on all night in bedroom, AC for an hour then the fan, that keeps you cool ..

oh the joys .. 

jay xx

• Posted

Dear jayneejay, can you please confirm if b12 can give stomach cramps. Actually I started it yesterday and it's been very bad experience for me. I do not know why as when I take b6 it doesn't give me any problems.
    • Posted

Hi hun

its never caused me cramps.. Never ..

unless its pure coincidence that you had a cramp at same time after B12 .

could it be a menstrual cramp or something else perhaps 

jay x

• Posted

Hello Jayneejay, tell me, do peri symptoms reoccur? Symptoms I experienced keeps going and coming, when will I be Free? Am tired
    • Posted

Hi Celcillia 

not sure ehat you mean exactly ..

i had a ten year peri and yes good days and bad days. ..( 10 years of it) 

post menopause is reached when no period for 12 months ..

but reaching post menopause doesnt make you feel like your aged 25 again, i am sorry to say 😞

jay x

• Posted

Thank you jayneejay. Have been not so good in the last three days, it has been kind of on and off with back and right hip pains. Had it all good for some days. Can't wait to be whole again and like you said it won't be like when I was 25. Not giving up hope but forging on. Good night
    • Posted

Hi celcilia..

yes i too had good and bad days, real achey and stiff tense days, 

then they go for a while then return .. 

My Vit B6 helped alot for that.. But i still get blip days post meno..

but it does get better 

be kind to yourself 

jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.