Teen Stress incontinence

Posted , 34 users are following.

My daughter is 19 and seemed to have suffered from several urine type/kidney infections for several years. Only very recently she has confided that she has been leaking not so much from coughing, but sneezing, She also can't hold urine when she needs...she has to go there and then, and often its not that much. Our GP didn't take her seriousy at first dismissing her as \"being too young\". After further time, and appts she was referred to a totally unsympathetic consultant, who said other than phsyio there is nothing that can be done. As the patient above, he asked her to cough over a sheet of paper and nothing leaked. he didn't listen when she tried to explain that it wasn't coughing that caused leaks. He then said the only option was surgery where some kind of mesh was fitted; but said \"because of her age it wasn't an option as she may want children in the future\" (She wan;t asked anyway). She is due to go travelling/studying abroad, and so far the physio appt hasn't materialised. Does anyone know of anything else or any suggestions. It is beginning to ruin and run her life. My heart breaks for her. Tena lady helps odour and ruining underwear, but she isn't even 20!!

0 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My daughter is 16 and incontient she has been with a consultant for the last 3 years, but he says he does not know what to do with her.I was disgusted with this. I would be very interested in finding out about 4 acupressure points.
  • Posted

I'm actually relieved to have come across this website, forum, and post because I can relate to do many of you. I'm a 21 year old American and I've suffered from bladder incontinence for more than 5 years now. It's embarrassing and affects my confidence. When I sneeze - it happens. Pads and liners are a waste and often don't work, but they prevent ruining your undergarments for the time being. I wish I knew of a solution. My doctor told me: I drink too much caffeine, I'm overweight and that's putting pressure on my bladder… I feel like there is a procedure besides the transvaginal mesh that could fix this. If anyone knows, please share. If I find out, I'll share.
  • Posted

I am 17 and I also have bladder leakage but its not through stress such as coughing or laughing or sneezing, but just randomly. It seems like I cannot control my bladder and most commonly I leak a few drops to a lot more at school. The problem is really only a big problem at school because I do not use the bathroom. But I also do not drink water during the time I am at school and have never had a problem with leaking before. This has been going on for months now and my urine test came back negative for infection. I'm not sure what is wrong.
    • Posted

hi sks43, 

i am experiencing problems much the same as what you described above and I am only 22, I am just wondering if you managed to find any solutions or answers? 

• Posted

I'm 16 and my bladder leakage is random too! It started when I was in the eighth grade, I didn't even feel the need to pee, I didn't sneeze or cough, but at some point I realized my pants were wet and kids were laughing at me. So for 4 years I've been wearing pads every single day, but recently my bladder is leaking a lot and I'm leaking through the pads! I'm freaking out, I'm only wearing black leggings so people can't see the pee, I'm thinking about telling my mom but it's so embarrassing! I have a physical in April ( four whole months from now!) Anyways I was wondering if you would mind telling me if anything ended up helping you?
    • Posted

Hi, I realize that this was posted 3 years ago but I can relate to this and it's been bothering me for a long time now, only recently it started getting worse. It started out with coughs and sneezing but very recently its been super random without any coughs or sneezes. If you found any solution to this problem please do share it, I would be grateful. 

• Posted

well not yet am only 19 and a male and i really don't know how long i been having incontinence but right now i wear depends

• Posted

I have a 15 year old son who has had two instances of urinary leakage.  Urine tests come back negative.  The first time it stopped after about 10 days of being on an antibiotic.  This time we are on a 2nd, stronger antibiotic and it has been 10 days and no relief. He has to wear depends to school, and today, he had an incident where it leaked out so that he needed new clothes.  As a child he was a bed-wetter, but that finally ended.  I can't even get into see a urologist for a week.  Everything I am finding is referring to children, women or older men.  
    • Posted

i am 19 a male & i to am suffering from incontinence and found no remedies except depends which sometimes keeps in the urine

• Posted

I'm 16 and I've been dealing with leakage for the past 2 years. It mostly happens at night when im sleeping and I've been going to the doctor for it for almost a year now and there's nothing that has helped yet. They first put me on stool softeners and imipramine, then desmopressin. They even put a catheter in me and filled my bladder up all the way with dye and had me go empty myself after then do an x-ray to see if I was emptying all the way which I was. The pills only helped very very slightly but not enough to control it at night so they took me off and now im scheduled to go see a better uroligist this Friday. I've noticed that I go to the bathroom a lot during the day (about every hour) and have little leaks. I even tried wearing depends at night but there's so much urine and it leaks out. I don't drink caffeine nor do I drink very much liquid during the day. I really hope there's something that will fix it this time! It's so embarrassing 😞
    • Posted

same they did that same test with me and put me n stool softeners because they thought i had a blockage
    • Posted

i too found that out my depends this wont hld in my pee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.