Teeth pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies I'm in perimenapause has anyone experience teeth or gum pain went to the dentist he did a ct scan of my mouth said everything looks good on that side. 

Also who has fatigue every day. 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jacqueline, I have had the worse tooth pain for the past three days. I was thinking maybe a tooth was bad, but they hurt on the top AND bottom on that side. I think maybe I clench my teeth a lot and probably grind at night. IDK. Was contemplating going to the dentist to get some X-rays to see what's happening. But I keep thinking that if it were a bad tooth it wouldn't come and go, not sure. 

• Posted

Are you in perimenapause? 

I'm having the same symptoms it started a few days ago it comes and goes and on both sides it feels weird I read in the 66 perimenapause symptoms 

• Posted

Yes, deep in perimeno unfortunately.

I do notice sometimes that I'm clenching my jaw and I have to remind myself to stop. Could be some anxiety related stuff. 

But so weird that you mentioned your teeth since I've been exactly the same. I was going to say something, but I always have EVERYTHING everyone else has, I'm sure people go, yeah, sure she has all that. haha. But I really do! I've had every symptom on the 66 list, except full blown hot flashes. 

• Posted

I've had all 66 symptoms too. Crazy I tell you. I would have never thought it would be this bad. I'm just ready for it to be over. My symptoms aren't as bad as they use to be. Thank God

• Posted

Hi Suzanne,

Just wondering how your feeling wirh your perimenapause symptoms.

• Posted

Hi, it’s still one thing after another. Had to have that tooth pulled. Still feeling some pain in my other teeth, but of course my jaw is always tense, hard to relax it. My cycles are all over the place. Had my period two weeks ago, one week off, then got it again. Heavy too. The whole week I was running to the bathroom with semi diarrhea stuff and having stomach pain and headaches, never thinking I was pms’ing after just finishing my last period. The month before I was two weeks late.

Anyway, are you sorry you asked? Lol!!

Otherwise things continue to calm down each month as far as the extreme symptoms. I’m hoping the EBV is starting to go dormant and that’s why it’s getting better. Either that or my body is starting to get used to the hormone upheaval. It’s been a heck of two years since this all started with shortness of breath and gastritis as my very first symptoms. 

Feeling a bunch of anxiety this week, feeling bad about losing some friends over not being able to commit to things, and just kind of down. 

Hope you are doing better!!!

• Posted

Hi jacqueline, I have terrible tooth and gum problems mainly due to a medication I was taking for 31 years but compounded by menopause. I have also suffered from severe fatigue for some 20 plus years and have been dianosed with all sorts of auto immune disorders but now I am begining to wonder if those diagnoses were right! I was sterilised 21 1/2 years ago after my 2nd son was born after suffering from polycystic ovaries with extreme symptoms since going through precocious puberty so all hormone problems so begining to believe peri started when I was sterilised. Some days fatigue so bad I cant get out of bed so know where you are coming from. Here if you need to talk. XXX
    • Posted

Hi tina,

How do you manage your fatigue, 

Do you have aches and pain around your body that cones and goes .

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline, sorry for taking so long to respond but I've had one of my catch up days where the fatigue hits me sooo bad that I just sleep for 24 hours and then wake up feeling reasonably ok. I just stay awake as much as I can which considering I get insomnia is relatively easy. I feel tired all the time. Sometimes go nearly mad from lack of sleep but then after 5 or 6 days without sleep I collapse into a 24hr coma type sleep then wake up refreshed or as refreshed as I can be. And yes I hurt in places I didnt even know I had almost every day. I am on morphine for constant severe pain but coming off as it no longer works. Been on it for years. Have difficulty finding painkillers that actually work. So wear braces for support and am semi wheelchair bound due to lower spinal arthritis. Arthritis in both knees. Muscle wasteage in both lower legs so very weak which is why I used to swim regularly.. Cant do it at my local pool anymore as not a suitable environment for me so waiting for long term hydrotherapy at local hospital. So you can see I do have alot of pain which can cause fatigue in itself so I need a new pain relief regime. Keep well I am trying to! XXX

• Edited

Yes i get it too.. its actually nerve pain caused by hormones issues. seems worse in my top teeth mainly canine .  Also general mouth pain and sore gums, ulcers etc .  Its all crazy hormone stuff and on the offical menopause symptom list. Comes and goes.
    • Posted

ive had every symptom in the list of 66 and a few more besides these past 5 years sad my periods have finally stopped again... just past 100 days so im hoping thats it.. but no doubt it will throw in the odd one just to keep me hanging on.
    • Posted

Hi littleme,

Just wondering how your feeling with perimenapause symptoms.

Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi... well i went 111 days this time then got the period from hell. Flooding like never before and had to buy incontinence pads etc as the usual sanitary products did not come anywhere near sad  Did freak me out , but ive read on here about other women with the flooding issues so that helped. About 2 weeks before i got the period i started with the worse nerve pain in my teeth also ... honestly thought i had got my first bad tooth (i have no fillings or removals)   It really was bad,, every time i ate or drank anything sad   it did improve slowly and by the time my period was well established it had almost gone.  So im back to counting again sad  I do feel much better than i did this time last year, i could barely function at all i was so ill with one symptom or another. Ive been in peri for 5 years now and the last 2 years have been so hard . i dont like to say im over the worst as ive seen on here so many times it comes back to bite you, but my health generaly is better at the moment so im happy to just go with that and make the nest of it. How about you?  hows it going your end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.