Ten week check-up 🚀🏃

Posted , 13 users are following.

It was my ten week check-up today, after nearly three years of misery with a misplaced ceramic, which finally shattered on 6th July.

First the bad news : Well there wasn't any !

The good news : I am 'good to go', can do whatever I like now, gym, cycling, even golf  (provided I take it gently).  No restrictions !

The left photo shows the mess inside my leg when the ceramic 'exploded' inside, notice the angle of the metal shell. On the right, my new cleaned-up leg, new hip and no screws needed this time as the fit is better.

I cannot thank the staff at the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital (UK) enough, I now have my life back again.

I took my long-suffering wife (aka Mrs Rocketman) to the champagne bar at St Pancras afterwards for a celebration drink.

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thrilled for you! It's been a long road, and you deserve all the good stuff. Enjoy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.