Tension headache in Perimenopause

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I'm a little worried as I have had a tension type headache for approx 5 days during my period ? Anyone else had this please ? Should I be worried ? Thank you x

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Debbie.  I suddenly started having terrible headaches just between my eyes that no pain killer could control. The GP thought it was high blood pressure at the beginning. I am bang in the middle of peri (age 52) and have never had headaches before. After 2 months of almost daily headaches I went to see a neurologist who said they were tension headaches and prescribed amitryptaline. It's a mild anti- depressant, also given to children for bed-wetting. I don't really want to be on anti-depressants, but it has cured the headaches! Just thought I would post so you had another option! I'm really struggling with all this! xxx

• Posted

Dear Brevis,

So sorry to hear this 😢 it's a a nightmare isn't it ? One horrible symptom after another. Thank you for your reply, it's kind of reassuring if others have it as well, not that I would wish it on anyone. Thank you so much for your reply x

• Posted

Omg this is me!! Right between my eyes. Nowhere else but in that area. And mine happens right before my period and very intense.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.