Tension headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered bad tension headaches for couple years now and have to rely on medication but I don't want to be on this the rest of my life anyone have any ideas how to get rid of them a different way??? I tried coming off medication but they can back so bad.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Numb Sorry to hear this, it is not nice and I can speak from experience. Firstly what medication have you been prescribed  for the headaches? My neurologist blamed codeine and paracetamol albeit only taken in small doses.

10 days after stopping the codeine the headac hes cleared up after daily severe headaches for 6 months.

• Posted

I take 10mg amatrypline and paracetamol wen needed which at the moment is a lot. I feel like it's my ears? Did u feel like this??

• Posted

I think your dr should examine you. I did not have problems withmy ears but an ear infction can cause headaches, dizziness etc.

​Amyltrytilline may also cause dizziness, headaches and also nausea and loss of appetitite.However as I keep onsaying please explain these issues to your GP.

• Posted

You did rule out tmj right? A dentist would know in three minutes.
    • Posted

What's tmj? Would they? How would they? Maybe I should see my dentist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.