terrible pain clinic treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just finished my appointment. He diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, said that he doesn't think that the codeine is going to be effective or the nefopam. Because of my previous addiction problems wont prescribe me anything else, said nothing would help either. Had no other non medication therapies to offer. I asked if he would refer me to accupubture, he said no because it only has a 50% success rate. I asked about heated pool therapy, he said go to the swimming baths, asked about cbt, he said no cause im on the waiting list for DBT. I asked what im supposed to do, he said excercise more and that DBT would help with the mental aspect even though he had never heard of it. I said I wasn't happy and wanted a second opinion, he said he'd refer me internally but id go back on the waiting list and that would probably be another 12 weeks.

Seriously what is the point, what am I supposed to do? I really can't go on like this.

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The doc at the pain clinic gave a few drugs that i got violently ill on. Then she said there is nothing else and to try weed. I have explained i am poor and can not work. I have no life. Docs are disgusting and lazy. I have debilitating nerve pain, ibs, migraines ,headaches, and pms and menstrual cramps that are severe. No wonder people kill themselves. Docs are useless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.