terriblepain on anus

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi had a colonoscopy and 3 piles banded 4 weeks ago ever since had excruciating pain on outside of anus saw the surgeon 2 weeks ago he said everything was fine.like hell it is  saw gp had a cat scan last week to see if its nerve pain get results in 2 days cannot sleep with the pain it is unbearable has anyone had similiar problem thanks john

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi John,

I had a colonoscopy in February and also had 3 piles banded.  I never had any pain what so ever afterwards, doesn't seem right,  only excruciating pain I had was after the pile op to remove external piles.  Hope you get it sorted, like you say, could be nerve pain, which I know is very very painful.  Good luck!

• Posted

thanks its extremely frustrating  and the pain is unbelievble on endone doesnt seem to help im running out of options see what the cat scan shows will let you know john
    • Posted

hi tracy cat scan showed nothing saw colorectal surgeon who said it might be a viral painget some pills on tuesday thanks john
  • Posted

Hi John, I had anal fissure surgery and a hemorrhoidectomy and it was beyond excruitating for about 5 or 6 weeks. I now know what 10 out of 10 pain is. I didn't believe it was evergoing to stop. What was meant to be out-patient surgery put me in hospital for 10 days and a further 7 weeks after that laid up at home. I could hardly walk. The only way I could have a bowel movement was to have a Diazepam first and then use a Sitz bath to go into. I had to have someone stay atmy home to make sure I didn't pass out from pain. I hated taking pain killers so took the minimum of Hydrocodene to get through a day.  I am now 4 months post surgery and still have some issues. Remember to breath when you have a BM - my friend stood by my bathroom door (I lost all dignity having this surgery) and said she could hear me holding my breath. The warm Sitz bathh will help a little with the pain (I'm still using it every day). Try to only eat foods that will pass though you easily. Take Psyllium every day wth lots of water - easiest way to mix is is waterbottle so you can shake it. 

• Posted

yes often during the night pain is 10 eases a bit during the day am so tired as normally a very good sleeper john
    • Posted

finally saw a decent gp who had me admitted to hospitalon boxing day new colorectal surgeon operated nextmorning he could not believe other surgeon had banded them 3 times also found a large polyp and 1 large external pile which he cut out still in pain but no worse than before my advice dont trust any gp or surgeon get a second opnion your the one who is suffering not themif pain persists go to someone else please regards john
    • Posted

That's great news John. (I wish I had had a second and third opinion before i had the surgery that it seems I didn't need and now have other issues.) Very happy you had a better doctor and they've already treated you. Even with the pain you now know you are on your way to recovery. Happy New Year!!

• Posted

thank you so much sorry to hear of your other isuesi hope this fixes it time will tell im sure some ofthem are only proficient in sending you bills  be very aware who you see  as they give you painkillers that do nothing to resolve the underlying problem as they dont seem to knowi think they get their degrees out of corn flakes packets  happy new year to you all the best john
  • Posted

Few quick inputs based on recent recovery I made due to a nice Doctor and by grace of god -

1 Stop taking Red Chilli and High spicy food

2 Increase fruit (papaya is best) and fibrous food specially as a starting food in breakfast

3 Increase water intake

4 after passing poo immediately take hot water dip bath ( Sytz Bath for 10 to 15 min

5 Wear surgical glove and apply Sucral Ano ointment st anus and inside try to push gently haemorohid if it is external

6 Try yoga ( search gaumukh asan on YouTube)

7 Take medicine Hilo 2 cap in morning and 2 in night or its equivalent...

8 Apply baby rash free cream before sleeping on affected area ( preferably check for Zinc Oxide with approximately 40%)

9 I also took homeopathic medicine after slight relief.

10 If pain is severe take pain killer like ibuprofene

Above helped me escape surgery and I recovered in 2 week time

I hope above will help you wishing speedy recovery take care

• Posted

Hi John,

cannot understand your problem poor you. I started 20 years ago with haemorrhoids due to the birth of my baby as It was a 15 Hour delivery and also forceps. After that the haemorrhoids started.  For years I had injections and this kept them under control, then I had to go to banding, the last time for this was August, 2016, but after each of 3/4 times having them banded the pain was just a tiny ache for about 24 hours. Then in November I had 3 by haemorrhoidectomy and one by the HALO method. All at the same time and all grade 4. Afterwards I was in a great deal of pain for 2 weeks. Had my final checkup on 6 th  Jan 2016. Surgeon said all was 100 per cent perfect and it would last for only 10! Years but that I would never ever need another haemorrhoidectomy. Also had a full colonoscopy about 7 years ago. No pain after that, although it was very uncomfortable having it done. Now my BTM is just like a new born baby, so what is going on with you ?....

i li would certainly go back and ask some serious questions. My son and also a friend have both had haemorrhoidectomies, and they were both told that it would only last 10 years. Both live in different parts of the U.K, so we are talking, about different surgeons, but all 3 surgeons including mine said the same thing, a haemorrhoidectomy only lasts 10 years. Let me know how you get on. Hope you ar O.k, 

• Posted

thanks june had 1 large poypt and 1 external hemi removed 18 days agopain is no better painkillers do nothing have an appointment with gp next week and one with the surgeon on 7th febuary these were both different practinors than the previous ones maybe time might heal it up grateful for your concern john
    • Posted

John it is still early days. Lovely bubbly baths helped me a lot. Shower was not good enough, but better than nothing if you do not have a bath handy. Sure it will be ok in the end . When I had my polyp removed I had no idea he had even done it. It was whilst I was having one of my banding sessions. Anyway another hint to keep your BTM more comfortable, use plenty of Vaseline, curses all the outside soreness. I used 2 enormous pots in 2 weeks after the op. Will get better promise you. Cheers and beers. June
    • Posted

thanks june tried some rectrogesic ointment  doesnt help  just constant pain emla cream does numb it for a short time hard to live like this your input was much appreciated john
    • Posted

Good Sunday morning John. When my surgeon discharged me on January 6 th he told me to buy some Sudafed cream. Think that was the name of it from Boots the chemist. Unfortunately I am not at home right now and it is on my bathroom in the U,k. Felt so great that I did not take the cream with me. Where do you live? Some people have contacted from the States. Anyway wherever you are just keep thinking it will get better, promise you June
    • Posted

hi june 5 weeks today  pain no better at all the second surgeon thats had a go at them over 14 months sitz baths rectrogesic  oxycodene nothing helps will see him in 2v weeks dont hold out much hope  onlypraythey will improvehe cut out 1 polp and 1 external roid it never improves any day of each week can only hope thanks june

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.