Terrified

Posted , 17 users are following.

I cant fo on. Ive lived like a hermit under my duvet for nearly a year. Im a skinny disgusting mess because im so petrified of my palps. Ive had an exh n other tests and at the time they alwyas seem to srop. My gps surgery make me see a different doctor every time and the cardio says therees no cure live with ut as we dont know if tour palps are from afib or not until we catch them. Im angry and smash things and cry all day. I was a karate chempion and rider vut my life has fone at 40. I am waiting to die and have my funural weitten down. I have nothing now. I have not bothered telling my gp i feel like this as im refusing to see any of them. They gave me bisoprolol and already reading the next parients notes. Sorry to sound angry but i could scream and think if youre foing to kill me do it now instead of me auffering lime tgis. Like a sying rabbit on a road . Im so so sad and have no life and a gp told me yesterday. Will alwyas get them and they will get worse and worse. Imagine how im feeling now. I feel suicidal but only want to feel that way as i cant live like this anymore if that makes sense.. Help me xxxxxx

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ibiza.

I've suffered from Afib for 20 years and have had two abalations. I've been through the mill with it and realise how frustrating it can be at times.

How often do you get the palps? Has the Bisoprolol not made any difference at all?

Go back to your gp, and ask to be referred for a weekly event monitor. It may be better to come off the bisoprolol when you've got the monitor - discuss this with your doctor. That way, even if the palps only happen every now and again you are likely to catch them on the monitor. You will need to keep a written diary of when the palps occur. This is your best chance of catching them so that the doctor's then know what they are working with and you can then explore treatment options from there. There is a lot that can be done.

In the meantime, you will have to live with it I'm afarid, but don't worry so much about it. I've had episodes in the past where I've been in pretty much constant Afib for days/weeks on end, waking up every morning and several times during the night with it. It's very unlikely that you are gonna suddenly drop dead from it.

Feel free to private message me if you like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.