Terrified I have stomach cancer

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 24 years old. I have been having some of the worst anxiety the past couple weeks. I get it really bad when it comes to my health. Been having a dry throat, maybe some difficulty swallowing, weight loss, no appetite, what seems to be abdominal pain above the navel and ribs. Fullness after not eating too much, excessive gas, what seems to be constipation. I get weak in the legs alot sometimes dizzy. Been really tired alot. I am taking nexium and zantac and most recently Zoloft for anxiety. Not sure if just having alot of side effects or bad anxiety. I've convinced myself I have stomach cancer. I'm terrified. Been to the Dr and ER twice and did x-rays and blood samples also urine test. Everything came back fine. Said my esoohagus was clear. They felt around my neck and my stomach and didn't feel anything wrong. They didn't seem to be worried about it. just lost and want answers. I go Tuesday to see a GI and really wish I could get a scope done. Just terrified for bad news. 😞😞

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Appreciate it very much. smile I have a question though. I'm wondering if I'm dealing with too little of acid or too much. I heard too little is really bad too. I take nexium every morning and zantac 1 in morning and 1 at night. Haven't eaten too much recently because of lack of appetite. I'm just confused on all this. I don't want anything bad to happen. I get burps usually right after meals and sometimes drinks. Just seems like food doesn't settle or digest right. Right now it feels tight and upset. Usually feels pretty full after not even eating that much. Idk sad

• Posted

Kyle, it’s usually too much acid production.  Just follow  your doctor’s recommendations only. I know people on this site are well-meaning, but we are not doctors and do not know your specific health  issue. My suggestion is don’t do any kind of home remedies unless you ask your doctor.  Hope you feel better soon! 
  • Posted

Some of your symptoms could be triggered by anxiety, especially the weight loss and tiredness. PPIs can also cause bloating.   You definitely sound very anxious indeed and this can affect your gut.  Your problems could be caused by any number of non frightening and treatable conditions including IBS, GERD or gastritis or h pylori. An endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound and colonoscopy will help to uncover your symptoms.

Try a food diary and eat blandly, avoiding fatty, rich and greasy foods.  Milk is good for settling your stomach.  For your anxiety, try distraction techniques such as light exercise such as walking and a hobby.  Try relaxation therapy; you can get relaxation apps on your phone or tablet.  These tips are far more effective for anxiety than medication which has side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.