Terrified of the damage I've done.. Rectocele

Posted , 4 users are following.

10/03/17 I gave birth to a healthy 8lb 110z boy. 1/09/18 I laparoscopic gallbladder surgery. I wish someone had been clearer about after surgery care, or pre OP care even. The day After surgery I was in so much pain because I needed to poop. I strained for two hours before I gave up and left to get a suppository . Still hard but I finally went for about 30 mins straight. Few days later,more problems and more pills. While wiping I felt a bulge in my vaginal opening. Of course I googled it. Recycle is the 1st thing that popped up. I've been reading about it ever since. I've tried getting into my OBGYN,no luck yet but I goto my primary care Dr Monday.

I know Google is bad but I'm almost 100% sure I hurt myself and am now officially screwed. I am terrified. I've read countless things about surgery, good and bad. Pessary inserts to support but not fix. Kegel exercising and so on. I'm so upset and have crying on and off all day. I'm 30 years old and have 2 kids. I can't just stop being a mom and have serious surgery. If anyone can offer any support, success stories living with this, pros for surgery ,just any real life experiences. Please I am literally sick with worry. Thank you .

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My family Dr didn't examine me. He tried explain that this isn't a big deal. But I don't see it that way. He's a great Dr but this time I don't agree with him. I am very depressed and upset today. I see my OBGYN Thursday. I called three nearest uryo-gyno and I need a referral. I am super ticked. I have horrible anxiety about pelvic exams and I'm already nauseous thinking about it. Not only does my regular OBGYN get to mess around up there but now ill get to have a new Dr up there. Wonderful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.