TEST REVEALS AT 51 NO CHANGE IN HORMONE LEVELS!

Posted , 3 users are following.

...So if i feel like this now what will happen when there are changes!?...i went to collect a prescription today and was asked for my address....blank! after a few minutes of nothing and my colour rising i think the pharmacist felt sorry for me and started to mouth it slowly.....like you do when teaching a child to spell!

Then off to the car park to play ( where the hell did i park!) I can't really hold a conversation either as i don't seem to be able to hold information....i don't get a lot of night sweats although i am hotter and my sleep pattern isn't great....im also feeling so lethargic although i do try and get into the gym 3-4 times a week ....i run and do weights.

I'm still getting periods a bit heavier and a small bleed in-between occasionally ......and if you are a 50 something woman that works full - time i take my hat off to you.....i work a max of 10hrs a week and I'm exhausted.....if this is just the start of menopause HELP!!!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi scentofawoman,

Enjoy your holiday in Egypt. Glad things are working out for you. Love to go to Egypt but can't at this time. Have teaching stuff to do. The schools are on holiday but I teach disadvantaged adults so we don't adhere to the normal holiday plans. Hubby and I are thinking of going to France later in the year. Really looking forward to doing that with him.

Hi Jayneejay,

I love Spain. Was there last year visiting an Aunt in Javia (excuse the lack of punctuation) who was in a care home. We stayed near her for two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the rest and visiting places she recommended around the area. I learnt a little Spanish at school so I enjoyed using my Spanish a bit. Think I managed quite well. How long have you lived there.

I think antidepressants do have a place and can help you cope with life at times. Some people need them most of the time. I don't think anyone should feel embarrassed about using them. They like a lot of medication have there uses. I'm fine now but would not hesitate to use them if I thought I needed them. It is amazing how many people take them these days but obviously if you can manage without tablets then you should try. All tablets seem to have side effects. I do know what you mean about being spaced out though, that was why I eventually came off them as they made me not care about much and I found that I felt a bit too calm emotionally. Thankfully my husband wasn't my problem, well done you for realising and sorting things. Brave lady x

• Posted

scentofawoman...

you have a lovely holiday hun... is it next Thursday you go...

I am near Marbella, and not too far from Gibraltar and across from Morroco so always nice weather..

I have a nice man in my life, been together since my peri just began actually, about 8 years, but to be honest I dont say much about it to him, as I am sure he doesnt want to hear too much hahahaha..

he works away so dont see him alot, but it works fine for us ...

I have two grown up kids, one here in Spain not too far away, and one in London, so all good... the suns shining and today I am off in garden to re pot some plants😃 dont feel like it but have to give myself a little push today, but once I am out there being busy i really enjoy it... have a great day... Jay x

• Posted

Hi all just joined up and saw this forum when searching on menopause and peri. I am now 54, and until 3 months ago have had regular normal periods. Bleeding again today though. Like others in this post I

have been peri for a good 2-2.5 years - had tests at least 3/4 times to check FSH levels and all have come back as normal. question

I decided not to take HRT and just upped my soya, and vitamin levels and taking Co-enzyme Q10 and glucosamine. Magnesium, selenium and B12 supposessed to be excellent for I've just started taking a

natural progesterone cream from Wellness springs. supposessed to put on a little twice a day - keep forgetting though. Will see if it works! question

No night sweats, but do have the following:- hot flushes during day, rosacea, sleepless nights, changed

from pear to massive apple shape, memory is rubbish, and now have IBS, along with sore breasts, dry

skin, thinning hair and nails Hoping the cream and vitamin regime will at least combat some of these

symptoms.

I did try the magnet that you attach to your pants but they only seem to be good if you remain upright and don't bend and you wear high pants. Had several incidents where its fallen out and its a bit of a pain to remember it and stop it falling on floor when you need the loo! redface

I too am really tired, teenage daughter revising for exams and very sick parent......

Weep at anything slightly sad now - embarrassing!

• Posted

I used the magnets before I had my hysterectomy. I found they did help slightly. There is a funny story about them that I thought you might like. While visiting B&Q one day I leant against one of the barrier gates while I was at the checkout. The magnets stuck to the gate and the gate moved with me as I tried to walk away. How embarrassing. I couldn't really explain what had happened. My hubby was with me and we both burst out laughing and smiling at each other just walked out with lots of funny looks from the staff and customers in the queue. I was very careful after that. redface

• Posted

That is funny! thanks for sharing!
  • Posted

Thanks ladies...lol

And my symptoms v similar to yours Danne.... my weight has stayed fairly steady ...although iv doubled the exercise and changed diet! i can still feel slight thickening around waist!.....but I'm just too bloody tired to push myself any harder!

Im having a heavy period this month but last month it was quite light.....and its every 3 weeks now....i really wanted the test to tell me there were changes coz there clearly are, all i want is my memory and energy to return!.......sooooon!

• Posted

One trick to help the memory improve is to start learning again. I went back to college and trained to become a teacher. It was hard at first but the longer I studied the more my memory improved. I became a teacher at 54 which I was very proud of as I did all this post hysterectomy when I was extremely menopausal. How about learning a new craft or something like that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.