Testosterone!?

Posted , 9 users are following.

After reading a lot about HRT (which I am taking via patches due to hysterectomy with BSO) I have read a women actually need testosterone as well as oestrogen to help her well being, libido and mood swings. It seems it's not that readily available in UK, and I would like to give this a go. I would also like my blood checked for to see what my hormone levels are but my doctor don't seem too bothered about any of this. Does anyone know about taking testosterone and do any of you actually have your levels checked since losing womb and ovaries? I feel like we have this op and then just left to guess what hormones our bodies need. I don't think it's good enough. My libido is now non existent, my mind is definitely more forgetful and some days I feel 'old' !

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am on Estee patches and my libido is as good as it ever was though before I had pills and they were no good
    • Posted

Try dancing to your favourite music it helps your figure that's what I do

• Posted

Yeah..im not digging the whole body change that's for sure. Is your patch 1mg? Mine is and i do like it but sometimes i feel like its not enough but im sure its cuz everything is adjusting

• Posted

Me too if I can find anywhere I think it comes down to trying different hrt to see which suits you
  • Posted

I had a hysterectomy last september, after a huge fibroid was discovered,

The operation itself was keyhole so i only had around 3 weeks of internal pain and discomfort, i thought to myself this is too easy, then 3 weeks later i started to suffer terrible anxiety and its just getting worse, i thought about black cohosh or st johns wort to help me through the panic,I wished id googled info on post op before as id rather have the fibroid pain than anxiety, ive already had one menopause so this is something i was not prepared for. 

Has anyone else experienced the anxiety if so is this normal and what can i take to ease the symptoms 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.