Text saying DWP will call me...help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had face to face assessment about four weeks ago, just received text saying they will call me to let me know outcome within three hours. Never had this before....am now in absolute panic. Does this mean I haven't got it? Has this happened to anyone before. Just burst into tears when I got it..am I over reading it.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I've never ever known the Decision Maker to call anyone and tell the decision before, but i could be wrong. They've been known to call people asking questions before they make a decision. Are you sure the text says to tell you what the outcome is? My guess is it's to ask some questions or a question before making the decision. I had a call totally random without the text warning last year for my review. I was asked just 1 question which i answered, he then said thank you very much you'll recieve a decision in about 7 days. The following day i rang and a decision had been made.

Whatever question/s you're asked today when your called just answer truthfully. Good luck and please do come back and tell what happened. I'm curious because i've not heard of this before.

• Posted

Yes says will call 'to discuss outcome' have actually gone into meltdown now, so stressful from start to finish. Had my f2f about 4 weeks ago, the interviewer was very nice and very sympathetic...got myself into a right state and my carer had to help me with alot of answers...answered a few questions and he checked my huge carrier bag of medication and that was pretty much it, only lasted about 20 mins, which was a surprise as my PIP lasted an hour. Just panicking I guess, was a renewal of my esa and I never had text before. Thank you for reply. I will update when I know outcome. Thanks again

• Posted

Ah yes i've done some research into this and with ESA especially they can indeed call to chack on a few things right before they decide what their decision is going to be. If the decision doesn't go in your favour and i'm not saying it won't but with this call there's a chance it might. Please do come back and i'll advice you on what you do next. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you, still no call. Text said they would call within three hours....at 9am. Just sat starring at phone 😔😔

• Posted

Oh that's very stressful indeed. Hopefully by now you've had that call.

• Posted

That is not on at all, your stress levels must be through the roof. frown
    • Posted

Yeah have got that stressed worrying has actually made me be sick...doubt they are going to ring now...so looks like sleepless night for me x
    • Posted

I expect they have finished for the day now Debbie, but if it was me, I would ring them first thing tomorrow.

• Posted

Hi Denise, just thought I would let you know I received letter confirming I got my esa support group today. Still didn't receive the phone call!!!!! Was all very stressful. Thank you for yr advice much appreciated x

• Posted

Oh bless you Debbie,  I can understand this has thrown you into a panic, I would be the same.  Big hug for you x
    • Posted

Thank you, just so stressful...i cried the entire week up to my f2f.....and now in sheer panic after text. Really don't think the appreciate how horrendous this can be for claimants. Trying to settle but working myself up keep reading text over and over 😩😓

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.