Text saying DWP will call me...help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had face to face assessment about four weeks ago, just received text saying they will call me to let me know outcome within three hours. Never had this before....am now in absolute panic. Does this mean I haven't got it? Has this happened to anyone before. Just burst into tears when I got it..am I over reading it.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a call from esa, I'm afraid it was to say I scored zero points and they asked if I wanted to claim jobseekers, I do hope you get better news than I did, but thought I'd let you know as it's terrible not knowing, good luck x

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your ESA, may I ask what group of ESA you was in? I would say to asks for a Mandatory Reconsideration and appeal. Do not claim jobseekers without fighting for your ESA. If you claim jobseekers the benefit office will say you weren't I'll in the first place. 

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Am in support group and get full benefit of pip. No way I could go on jsa as bed bound most days due to my disabilities. Can't go out without carer.

• Posted

You're wrong yet again. If a person is found fit for work unless they claim JSA to start with they won't get any money. What they have to do is start their claim off for JSA go for the first appt THEN take a fit note with your for an extended 13 week period while waiting for the MR decision. Once the MR decision has been made if it's stayed the same which they mostly do as soon as the Tribunal have accepted their appeal they can then go back onto ESA assessment rate with the regular fit notes.

• Posted

As the DWP haven't ring you when they say they would I'd say it is in your favour. If it was me I would not answer their call they will then send you a decision by letter.

ive dealt with the DWP many times helping others getting their benefits they're entitled to and knows all their tricks in their books. 

Please se stop worrying yourself it gives the DWP the upper hands of messing you up. We're here to help.

• Posted

You say you help others get their benefits yet yo9u've given the wrong advice twice on 2 different posts. I wouldn't want you helping me, sorry no offense but i'd want the right advice if i was asking for advice. Not that i would ask for much advice, since i know the benefit system quite well myself. Have a good day.

• Posted

What's the point of Debbie not answering the call, she is stressed enough without having to wait possibly up to 10 days for a letter.

• Posted

Exactly...dont really understand that reply, would rather know either way. Still no phone call!! Rang them earlier and they said no decision logged yet, asked them about text message I had received at they said they nothing logged of text????? So just lost really, none the wiser xx
    • Posted

Still no phone call so rang them today, said no decision logged yet, asked them about text and they said nothing logged as text sent!!! So totally bewildered really.....guess I will just have to wait. Totally preplexed by it all 😩😩 xx

• Posted

This is so stressful for you and it's Friday so I don't suppose you will hear anything until Monday.  I wonder if you can you send a reply to the text you received, someone might be on the other end,  just a thought.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that. When i text is sent out it's never logged on their system and i'm guessing it was the decision maker that wants to talk to you. I'm fairly certain also that you can't reply to the texts but no harm in trying. I feel for you i really do and with the weekend right here it'll be a long weekend. I've been in this situtation too when i was waiting for my PIP review decision. I knew the decision had been made on the Friday but they couldn't tell me because their computers hadn't update the info from one computer to another. Had to wait till the Monday, gosh it was a longgggg weekend!

• Posted

Exactly the same thing happened to me, a decision had been made, but like you said, the computers had not updated so I had to wait until Monday.  
  • Posted

Just to let everyone know I received letter today confirming my decision, getting Esa in support group. Never did receive the phone call after the text, so no idea what that was about apart from pushing me right to the edge. Was all extremely stressful. Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated x
    • Posted

Great news, well done. Were you in the Support Group before, or is this the first time? If it's the first time then you'll recieve back pay. The premiums on top in the Support Group will depend on your circumstances.

• Posted

Was in support group before, so nothing changed. Just wanted to let you know so you can advise anyone else if that get 'the text' don't automatically assume you have been declined. Thank you again for your support and advice x

• Posted

OK. Yes absolutely, a phone callor text means nothing. Mostly it's just to ask a question or 2 before making the decision. Although i have known people to get a call from the decision maker for ESA asking questions then telling them they've been found fit for work. Luckily for you this didn't happen. Relax now smile

• Posted

I don't mean to hijack this thread I will start a new one of my own if need be but what do you mean about premiums on top in the support group Denise ? 

• Posted

There's 2 disability premiums, 1 is called Enhanced disability and the other is Severe disability premium. Enhanced one is paid if your in the Support Group of ESA  and no PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care is needed.

Severe disability Premium is paid if you have no other adults living with you, no one claims carers Allowance for you and the other qualifying benefit if PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care.

Both of these premiums are only paid if you're claiming Income Related benefits, they are not paid if claim Contribution based benefits. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.