thank you......and a question!

Posted , 14 users are following.

First of all, thank you to everyone who has written on this forum. The information I have picked up from it has been so informative and helpful.

Secondly, the question! I believe I am suffering from GERD (GP suspects gastric reflux - prescribed gaviscon). Having more tests next week. GP has told me not to lie down when it starts, but in all honesty, it's the only thing that clears it! I understand the whole gravity thing is important where GERD is concerned, but I get almost instant relief when I do (or maybe it just calms me down when I feel I can't breathe properly!!)

Does anyone else get relief from lying down, or am I just making it worse in the long term?

2 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Yes, my symptoms go away when lying down. It's been a long road to a diagnosis of LPR because i felt like I was having lung/breathing problems.

• Posted

how were u treated? i am on omoerazole 80 mg a day and still feel like crap esp the breathing

• Posted

I've been trying to find something on this! I have a chronic cough that comes and goes... it never bothers me if I'm laying down... gets worse if anxious/stressed lung function normal, chest CT normal. Diagnosed with adult onset asthma but referred to ENT. ENT said possible reflux- red and irritated but not a slam dunk diagnosis. Suggested pepcid 2xs a day. I've been dealing with it on and off since February... timed it perfectly with the pandemic unfortunately. Would love a solution and it to go away for good

• Posted

I realize this post is from a while ago, but I am wondering if you resolved your cough since. I am having the EXACT same problem as you are describing. Cough that started in Feb 2020, comes and goes, and never happens when I am laying down. Pulmonary guy said it was Asthma, and ENT said Reflex. It has been a 1.5 years, and I am still having the same issue. Mine also gets worse when I am speaking. Would love to hear back on your progress.

• Posted

You must follow the doctors advice, lying down works in the short term but makes things worse in the long term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.