Thanks

Posted , 8 users are following.

Been lurking on this site for weeks previous to surgery. I'm male, 59 yrs old and an old motorcycle accident finally caught up with me the last 12 months (actually 10 yrs. I just didn't know what the pain was).

Had surgery on the 9th July and am doing OK. Had a great team and the op was an "old school" posterior procedure with ceramic and polyethylene prothesis. Couldn't handle the endone so am using paracetamol/codeine as required for pain. First decent sleep last night. My point in posting though is to thank the participants in this forum. I have an issue and sure enough there is the answer on this site. Very supportive! Oh one question today. Since just after surgery I have had small irritations on my back which formed small scabs and are now itchy. I have robust health and am not taking any other meds except those mentioned. 

Any other (minor) sufferers?

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Post op visit to surgeon went well, 12 days, cleared to drive, off crutches on to walking stick, cleared to sleep on either side with pillow between legs, next visit in six weeks hope things continue to go well. Walked 3km yesterday on crutches, hip was good but back a bit sore but all ok this morning.
    • Posted

Yes! Well done. Geez I hope my surgeon says the same tomorrow..3 k's on crutches is a good stretch. I would need one of the above mentioned naps after that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.